Improvement Request: Add favorite point while leaving log

The_Sleuth

I've noticed that it is quite common for people to write in their log that they are leaving a favorite point, but then they forget to actually leave a favorite point. I'm sure I have done this as well at some point. Would it be possible to be able to mark the cache as a favorite while writing the log? Once you click "post," it's very easy to think that you are all done and forget to leave the favorite point. Thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

Thank you, that is good to know! But unfortunately in spite of that, the problem remains of people forgetting to add favorite points they say they are adding. Perhaps the button could be designed more like the favorite button on the cache page (the color blue, with the text 'Favorite') and positioned next to the post/save button.

• Funny 1

There was a bug once, where granting a favo point as you logged cheated you out of the 1/10 of a favo point you would've earned for that find.

Because I can't be sure they've ever fixed that, I never grant the fave until I'm back on the cache page ... where instead I can watch the fave percentage go down.  Another bug, step carefully.

PS, a simple heart icon isn't enough.  How about words, "Give Favorite" or similar?  Why should "Report a problem" get all the usability?  Y'know, discoverable web design...  The old logging page, which thank goodness you can still use, has it in words as it should be.  Plus other features, check it out.

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 6
  • Helpful 1
18 hours ago, The_Sleuth said:

... Would it be possible to be able to mark the cache as a favorite while writing the log? Once you click "post," it's very easy to think that you are all done and forget to leave the favorite point. Thank you.

You do know that if it really bugged them, they can easily just go to the cache page and hit the Favorites bar.

It's possible (and seen it numerous times) that the cache we just did was cool but didn't compare to the one we found an hour later...

One of the benefits of logging at home is you can relax n compose your logs to fit and think what happened during the day.

The design that Moun10Bike showed is perfect. It requires you to think/decide by intentionally clicking that heart. 

We simply add FPs after the log's written on the cache page, on the website, and at the end of the day....    :)

Edited by cerberus1
remove dat ess...
  • Helpful 1

Thinking is good, but VP made a good point that didn't stick out until said:

On 7/14/2023 at 8:47 PM, Viajero Perdido said:

How about words, "Give Favorite" or similar?  Why should "Report a problem" get all the usability?

There's only a heart, but "Report a Problem" is far more visible. Maybe just add "Give a Favorite Point" with the heart. Then it's a little more clear than an easily missable icon in the corner. *shrug*

• Upvote 4