First Members Only cache of Finland

Captain Morgan

FYI, i'm going to place the first Members Only cache of Finland next week to Tampere. It means that only Premium Members can see the cache page. But it's only a temporary solution, i will open the cache to public sometimes later. I just want to test it first with couple of experienced geocachers, to see if it is too difficult or not.

70242_5900.gif

Talking about premium members, how have you managed the money transaction when joining the gang? I might try the membership if there is a convinient way to handle the payment. Does pay pal accept Finnish web bank services?

P.S. I do not have any credit cards icon_frown.gif

[This message was edited by Erwast on August 25, 2003 at 12:35 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Erwast:

Talking about premium members, how have you managed the money transaction when joining the gang?

I had problems with my American Express card, when I was registering it to the PayPal service. I don't know what exctly was the problem, but apparently I entered my address in wrong form or something, which lead to blocking my card completely. When I emailed PayPal about the case, they said the if you make 5 (or so) mistakes when registering a card, the card will get blocked and you have to use another card.

So the next thing I did was I registered my wife's Mastercard to PayPal. This time everything succeeded instantly! I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that it wasn't an AMEX card. I managed to pay the GC.com membership easily. Unfortunately I never validated the Mastercard later on (with the number that was in the Mastercard bill), so eventually also the Mastercard became blocked. So we can't use it in PayPal any more.

Jeremy has couple of times said that in the future also GC.com will accept credit cards. Hope they will implement it soon. I have no idea if PayPal accepts Finnish web bank services. It sure would be handy.

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

I have been using paypal for one year with great success, I have registered VISA, Company Amex is not accepted.

It is not possible to use the card until the card is validated, I think.

Moneyorder is also easier and cheaper to send using www.bidpay.com or www.payingfast.com than using Finnish bank services.

If you don't have credit card you might ask your friend to send you money using paypal. That should work also.

Visited PayPal site and it seems that there are some restrictions with American Express:

quote:
American Express has decided to decline PayPal credit card transactions that are funded with an American Express Corporate Card. As a result, any attempts to register or use an American Express Corporate Card will be denied.

I'm not sure if this applies to Divines problems thou.

quote:
Originally posted by Erwast:

I'm not sure if this applies to Divines problems thou.

Nope. According to PayPal's email to me it was the 5 failing registration attempts (which was weird, since I had no problems with the Mastercard). I don't have Amex Corporate Card; it's so called Green Card that I have.

Anyway, my premium membership is still valid several months, but I wish I coud pay my next membership fee directly to GC.com with the credit card.

As for the Members Only Cache (MOC) in question, I think I'll head for it now.icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Naake:

Or you can make the cache and mail the description to Divine, i´m 100% sure he will try to find it right away. icon_biggrin.gif

Who, me? Uh, I guess yeah, found it about 2 hours after it appeared in the web.icon_cool.gif