Tahu Nuva, I thought I knew ya

Cholo

I just looked at the profile of your new approver. There doesn't seem to be much there, except some cryptic nether world talk. Could this person be Finnish? I'll bet the "Church Lady" would say, "Could it be.......Satan?!!!". I can't wait to see all the guesses on this one. icon_eek.gif

I was just starting to wonder in which timezone the new approver are! The reason is that Tahu Nuva wanted to know a thing of one of my new caches, and sent the answer and the cache was approved like 1 minute later. And this was just a couple of minutes ago (10.20 GMT+1 (Swedish time!)). And in the US should that be around 3-4 in the morning...

Anyway, it doesn't matter who or where Tahu Nuva is, the only thing that matters is that the cachers get approved correctly and quick.

www.hedbergx3.tk

My caches have also been approved by Yotian Soldier (in addition to Erik and Crow). I think one of them (Yotian) was responsible for approvals in whole Europe, and others just helped.

To my knowledge Tahu Nuva is now an approver for all Nordic Countries now, since his/her name is on the top of the Nordic forum page. I don't think s/he's the only approver now. Probably the overseas approvers can help out if things queue up too much, or s/he e.g. goes for vacation.

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

Hmmm....maybe Tahu's identity might be taboo to be known? At first I thought for sure that he was Divine. This is because of Divine's activity in geocaching and his command of the English language. Tahu seems to have a similar knowledge of English, and the use of 'i' instead 'I' would appear to be a deliberate ploy. The Legos clue would point to Denmark, but Divine gave that clue. Aha!...I saw that Tahu replied to a Finnish thread, but then he thanked someone for the translation. Devine refers to Tahu as he or she. I cannot see a female having an affinity for such an ugly "action figure". The mystery continues. icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Tahu Nuva:

And another thing why i would like to stay anonymous is that if geocachers know who i am, it may lead to situation where some of them will contact me by phone and ask me to approve their caches quickly and that's not what i want - i need also privacy and i want to do this work only when i have time for it. This is only a hobby, geocaching.com does not pay me anything for this work. I wish you understand this point of view.

- Tahu Nuva - The Nordic Countries Approver

Yes, I do understand. That's why I said your identity was probably "taboo'. The nature of geocachers leads them to search for hidden things. That was my only intention. I will now back off. Good luck. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Tahu Nuva:

another thing why i would like to stay anonymous

Yes, I agree, it's a very good idea to stay anonymous. Just keep on! However, for me it is much of fun and a part of an advanced detective work to figure out your nationality by the language you use. Judging from your Swedish, you are not a Swede. If you are, you have a pretty distinctive and short way of talking icon_wink.gif

No matter what nationality you have, it's good to have a Nordic approver icon_smile.gif

Sari

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tahu Nuva:<BR>And another thing why i would like to stay anonymous is that if geocachers know who i am, it may lead to situation where some of them will contact me by phone and ask me to approve their caches quickly and that's not what i want - i need also privacy and i want to do this work only when i have time for it. This is only a hobby, geocaching.com does not pay me anything for this work. I wish you understand this point of view.<BR><BR>- Tahu Nuva - The Nordic Countries Approver<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yes, I do understand. That's why I said your identity was probably "taboo'. The nature of geocachers leads them to search for hidden things. That was my only intention. I will now back off. Good luck. icon_biggrin.gif<!--graemlin::lol:-->

So, are they paying you now? :wub:

Some suggestion what it could be on the shirt:

"Approver"

"Don't mess with me - or I will permantly archive you!"

"Out of the closet - Proud Approver"

"You're the search engine - I'm the boss!"

"Approvers do it in the forest, city and on islands..."

"Hasta La Vista, stupid Cache!"