Jump to content

[bug] Letter encoding problem with email?


terratin

Recommended Posts

I just sent an email to a cache owner (not message center) and the email displayed afterwards gave me a ' with every '. I'm not sure the recipient received the same and I didn't send a copy to myself. My keyboard is set to English, Dutch International, and I never had this problem previously.

  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, terratin said:

I just sent an email to a cache owner (not message center) and the email displayed afterwards gave me a ' with every '. I'm not sure the recipient received the same and I didn't send a copy to myself. My keyboard is set to English, Dutch International, and I never had this problem previously.

The text displayed in the web browser after sending the mail has been showing HTML entities for non-ASCII characters (and some ASCII as well, as in your example) for a long time. However, the actual mails were correct (I always send a copy to myself), and I assume that's also true for your mail. If you'd like to check, just send me a short mail with a "problematic" character, and I can tell you what I received.

  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, capoaira said:

This Bug exists since a long time, but nothing happened. I reported it 4 month ago

 

 

 

I wonder why this bug not has been already fixed. It shouldn't be a difficult fix ...

Yikes! I don’t have umlaute, but I get this error when I write something as basis as ‘don’t’. Like: what the heck? You’d think English was at least working.

  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, capoaira said:

I wonder why this bug not has been already fixed. It shouldn't be a difficult fix ...

 

While it may not be the most difficult fix from an technical standpoint, my response from the previous thread still holds true in that an immediate resolution is/was unlikely since the email's content displays as intended in the recipient's email client.

 

There are other bugs that have been assessed as higher priority by our team. We appreciate your understanding as we work to tackle all of them.

  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, baer2006 said:

The text displayed in the web browser after sending the mail has been showing HTML entities for non-ASCII characters (and some ASCII as well, as in your example) for a long time. However, the actual mails were correct (I always send a copy to myself), and I assume that's also true for your mail. If you'd like to check, just send me a short mail with a "problematic" character, and I can tell you what I received.

 

There you go:

 

image.thumb.png.844dd73bc98e30b134a34a73e420e8c9.png

 

And yeah, the email was indeed fine.

Edited by terratin
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...