New Garmin eTrex Venture firmware upgrade 2.50

Divine

This has been announced in the GPS Units and Software forum already, but I thought it will serve some people here too, as I - for one - missed that post completely. That is, you can now download eTrex Venture/Mariner software version 2.50 for your eTrex Venture or Mariner.

quote:
Changes made from version 2.34 to 2.50:

Added 8 new languages (Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, and Portuguese).

Updated French translations.

Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. A unit will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.

Improved external power detection.
So the GPSrs now support some new Nordic languages. I'm currently testing Finnish on my Venture, but I'll probably change it back to English at some point.

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

+ Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. A unit will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.

Is Finland outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume ?? I have version 2.34, and WAAS works fine at the moment, so i'm now worried what happens if i'm upgrading to 2.50 icon_confused.gif

70242_5900.gif