Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Morgan

Is there ammo boxes in Nordic countries ?

Recommended Posts

Here in Finland we use mainly plastic boxes and i've never seen an ammo box here. Have any of you seen them used as a cache or used them in your own caches ? And if you have, where did you get those ammo boxes ?

 

70242_1300.gif

Share this post


Link to post

At least when I was in the Swedish army, our ammo boxes where not of a kind that are well suited for cache hiding. I don't know if Norway or Denmark has some NATO style boxes which are useful?

 

Anders

Share this post


Link to post

LOL! That's so far the best argument I've heard that could be used to argue why Finland should join NATO. We'd get easier access to neat geocaching ammo boxes! icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif

 

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

Share this post


Link to post

I think the only container from the Swedish army we can use as a geocachecontainer is the reliable "Snuskburk" ("filthy-box")

Share this post


Link to post

quote:
Originally posted by frenne:

I think the only container from the Swedish army we can use as a geocachecontainer is the reliable "Snuskburk" ("filthy-box")


 

You are pretty lucky, as both snuskburk and snusburk could be used in Geocaching! Are there any micro caches in Sweden made of snusaskar?

 

Sari

Share this post


Link to post

In the cache "Dorlant" by Dorlant (GC86DC)there is an ammobox. I believe it is of Dutch origin as it is put there by a Dutchman. Maybe this is the only (NATO-style) ammo box in Sweden.

Share this post


Link to post

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Morgan&Family:

Here in Finland we use mainly plastic boxes and i've never seen an ammo box here. Have any of you seen them used as a cache or used them in your own caches ? And if you have, where did you get those ammo boxes ?


 

Absolutely.

I have my basement stuffed with ammo boxes, and my only (so far) cache is a standard .50 cal ammo box.

Share this post


Link to post

quote:
Originally posted by Nocturnal:

Absolutely.

I have my basement stuffed with ammo boxes, and my only (so far) cache is a standard .50 cal ammo box.


 

I bet your basement conceals a bunch of other neat stuff too. I don't know, it just sounds like it. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

 

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

Share this post


Link to post

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

 

I bet your basement conceals a bunch of other neat stuff too. I don't know, it just sounds like it. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

 


 

icon_biggrin.gif

 

Not really, but I can't say I have any complains about the price of the ammo boxes.

I am a reservist in the army and went to the nearest barracks and asked around who whas in charge of used ammo containers. Then I asked her politely if I could have some, and she agreed.

 

And for you Swedes: Think creatively. The container for 84mm propelled rocket grenades for Carl Gustav are water proof and you should be able to get them in Sweden (since it is a Bofors weapon).

Share this post


Link to post

The ammo boxes I came in contact with contained 9 mm parabellum for the Husqvarna 45B submachine gun. They are definitely not suited for caches.

 

The other box I handled was a 12 ton truck, which isn't suited any better...

 

Anders

Share this post


Link to post

Since i live in Karlskoga, the Bofors town, perhaps I should pop down to the factory and ask if I can have some... icon_biggrin.gif

 

~*Actl labores jucundi*~

Share this post


Link to post

quote:
Originally posted by Anders:

The ammo boxes I came in contact with contained 9 mm parabellum for the Husqvarna 45B submachine gun. They are definitely not suited for caches.

 

The other box I handled was a 12 ton truck, which isn't suited any better...


 

That would be one cool cache icon_cool.gif

 

It seems the Swedish armed forces uses the American Browning .50 cal machine gun. The Swedes call it "Tung kulspruta 12.7mm". The ammo boxes for this weapon are the one youo want. Now all you have to do, is find some army people to get them for you.

Share this post


Link to post

quote:
Originally posted by EnderBoy:

Since i live in Karlskoga, the Bofors town, perhaps I should pop down to the factory and ask if I can have some... icon_biggrin.gif

 


 

Sounds like a plan icon_biggrin.gif

 

Each container is actually two separate plastic containers. They can be split into two with a saw.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...