Is there ammo boxes in Nordic countries ?

Captain Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Morgan&Family:

Here in Finland we use mainly plastic boxes and i've never seen an ammo box here. Have any of you seen them used as a cache or used them in your own caches ? And if you have, where did you get those ammo boxes ?

Absolutely.

I have my basement stuffed with ammo boxes, and my only (so far) cache is a standard .50 cal ammo box.

quote:
Originally posted by Nocturnal:

Absolutely.

I have my basement stuffed with ammo boxes, and my only (so far) cache is a standard .50 cal ammo box.

I bet your basement conceals a bunch of other neat stuff too. I don't know, it just sounds like it. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

I bet your basement conceals a bunch of other neat stuff too. I don't know, it just sounds like it. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Not really, but I can't say I have any complains about the price of the ammo boxes.

I am a reservist in the army and went to the nearest barracks and asked around who whas in charge of used ammo containers. Then I asked her politely if I could have some, and she agreed.

And for you Swedes: Think creatively. The container for 84mm propelled rocket grenades for Carl Gustav are water proof and you should be able to get them in Sweden (since it is a Bofors weapon).

quote:
Originally posted by Anders:

The ammo boxes I came in contact with contained 9 mm parabellum for the Husqvarna 45B submachine gun. They are definitely not suited for caches.

The other box I handled was a 12 ton truck, which isn't suited any better...

That would be one cool cache icon_cool.gif

It seems the Swedish armed forces uses the American Browning .50 cal machine gun. The Swedes call it "Tung kulspruta 12.7mm". The ammo boxes for this weapon are the one youo want. Now all you have to do, is find some army people to get them for you.

quote:
Originally posted by EnderBoy:

Since i live in Karlskoga, the Bofors town, perhaps I should pop down to the factory and ask if I can have some... icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like a plan icon_biggrin.gif

Each container is actually two separate plastic containers. They can be split into two with a saw.