Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Reviewer Niatpac Nagrom

Modification Reports Of Swedish Caches

Hi!

This thread is meant only for reporting modifications in Swedish caches. It will be useful also for foreigners visiting in Sweden, so please use only english in this thread.

Edited by Tahu Nuva

quote:
Originally posted by Tahu Nuva:

Hi!

This thread is meant only for reporting modifications in Swedish caches. It will be useful also for foreigners visiting in Sweden, so please use only english in this thread.

- Tahu Nuva -

I think this is a good initiative! Now we also have to get everybody to write their descriptions in english as well... tired.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

A mind is like a parachute -

it doesn't work if it isn't open.

Frank Zappa

I haven't been to this cache, but I saw it while scanning the database, and it should be a new cache owner to it - according to my opinion...

GC3957 Hippos Dump #1

The cache owner hasn't been logged on for over 1,5 years and there has been a lot of reports about the cache being soaking wet and destroyed...

Tahu, do you fix this perhaps??

/Hedberg

I haven't been to this cache, but I saw it while scanning the database, and it should be a new cache owner to it - according to my opinion...

GC3957 Hippos Dump #1

The cache owner hasn't been logged on for over 1,5 years and there has been a lot of reports about the cache being soaking wet and destroyed...

Tahu, do you fix this perhaps??

/Hedberg

I wrote this note to cache page:

"As the last visit in geocaching.com of the owner Hippo was on Friday, July 26, 2002, I think this cache should be treated as abandoned.

So, if any of you is willing to maintain or even adopt this cache, please let me know!

Yours, Tahu Nuva - geocaching.com admin"

Stockholm Bug Exchange & Syn-villa, that are the same cache box (but two different caches) are in a urgent need of a new owner, or archival.

Tahu?

Our cache "hedberg #10 (Hotel Gripen)" (GCGWPQ) has been changed into a regular sized cache and has a new logbook...

The cache Tunnel to Space by Spacegosta should be either temporary disable or adopted.

The cache are wet, it is not possible to write in the logbook... The location is very good, so it shouldn't be archived. But it must be fixed...

The cache owner hasn't been logged in to geocaching.com since september 2003.

We have mailed him about this cache and haven't received any answers...

He has an other cache also - did I just discover, GCGHYK that also needs maintenance..

Stockholm Bug Exchange & Syn-villa, that are the same cache box (but two different caches) are in a urgent need of a new owner, or archival.

Tahu?

Loggings moved from Syn-Villa to Stockholm Travel Bug Exchange and after that both archived, until someone is willing to adopt the cache.

Regards, Olli

Edited by Tahu Nuva

The cache Tunnel to Space by Spacegosta should be either temporary disable or adopted.

The cache are wet, it is not possible to write in the logbook... The location is very good, so it shouldn't be archived. But it must be fixed...

He has an other cache also - did I just discover, GCGHYK that also needs maintenance..

I have disabled Tunnel to Space - cache temporarily as it needs to be fixed, the logbook is destroyed. I will enable this cache immediately when the cache is ok, so could someone, Spacegosta or next geocacher, or someone living near, fix this cache?

Regards, Olli alias Tahu Nuva alias Captain_Morgan&Family

P.S. I'll take a look at that other one too soon...

I have written a note about this matter on the Swedish forum at plattformen.se/cachingforum also...

Hangover by Andreas (BUDA) and Jennie (KITE) is restored and unarchived !  :D

I have also restored 2 of my other caches:

Petit - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=9916

RSV - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=18561

(this cache is moved 3 meters)

These 2 caches is rather old so I HAD to fix them. Both of them are located in the City Center of Göteborg, Sweden. <_<

Edited by buda

"Hangover" (GC3279 ) in Göteborg is now up again. Moved a few meters and with at better canister to withstand geomugglers and pirates (dogs, children, driúnk squirrels etc...)

:)

The cache "Adam 44" seems to be in really bad shape, according to logs.

It looks like this cache is turning to geolitter, so because the owner looks inactive, could some of the next searchers or anyone living near do some maintenance with it? I can't pay you, just give a lot of honor and glory!

Cheers, Tahu Nuva

The cache  "Adam 44" seems to be in really bad shape, according to logs.

It looks like this cache is turning to geolitter, so because the owner looks inactive, could some of the next searchers or anyone living near do some maintenance with it? I can't pay you, just give a lot of honor and glory!

Cheers, Tahu Nuva

I can try to fix the cache, if i can find it... :lol: next time i am in that area!

/Stefan

Buda Restoring Tour 2004 continues:

Höga Berget - south of Göteborg

Now restored with a new Curver, zip lock bags and lots of new goodies. A TB as well for the eager hunter!

Never work on a sunny day!

New Curver in a better place a short distance from the original location. New logbook in zip lock bag, old logbook in separate zip lock bag.

CITO in both locations. Hope this will bring more people out of Göteborg to these two nice places!

Okay, I can't mention them all here, but we have had some problems with our GPS so almost every cache we have hidden the last month has wrong coordinates! (oops)...

We are fixing it, and meanwhile are the caches set as temporary disabled.

hedberg #7 (At the hospital) has been destroyed and will be fixed. Heard about this one minute ago.

The cache  "Adam 44" seems to be in really bad shape, according to logs.

Cheers, Tahu Nuva

I can try to fix the cache, if i can find it... :D next time i am in that area!

/Stefan

This cache is now fixed! Today i replaced the 35 mm film canister with a new one and a new log strip and pen.

@donSisu i hope it was ok!

/Stefan

The owner has mailed me and asked what has happened, he says he hasn't recieved any mail about this matter... (Me only has sent him like 10 mail only... Then add all log copies and notes from approvers...)

He has fixed Tunnel to space now..

Our cache "hedberg #4 (Archipelago View)" are set as temporary disabled between April 1st and July 15th. The area is protected by law (bird area) and it is not legal to enter the cache site between these dates, so therefor are the cache not active during these weeks.

No logs will be accepted during this period, and we have stated that on the cache page also!

GCG5DC

I finally got around to fixing my cache Rådan. It's in a new location, so I have renamed it Rådan 2. This means you may log it again. Good luck!

We have today changed the names of the most of our caches. We have dropped the part with our name, "hedberg #xx".

A few caches got brand new names or slightly small changes in their names.

We have also archived 5 caches:

Same, same but different

Crocodile Creek

Smelly & Sticky

Karl's Ohyggeliga Cache

Type 2B