Publishing Cache Times

blueduck7

Hello. I think this question was answered a while ago, but I was curious if maybe it had changed. I was curious if I could get a cache published at a certin time. Let's say I wanted a cache published an hour before an event strt time (Let's say at 4pm) so someone could find it for the event, or would I have to to maybe ask my reviewer in the note if they could publish it around a certain time wheever. Thanks 

8 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

To expand on RuideAlmeida's response:

Certainly, you can ask. It doesn't guarantee a favourable answer, of course, depending on the reviewer's schedule. :)

Even a favorable answer doesn't mean that it will go as planned.  I've been to several Events where there's an announcement of a particular time, followed by attendees waiting for hours or even longer for the caches to come online.  It's not always something that a Reviewer can fully control.

1 hour ago, blueduck7 said:

Hello. I think this question was answered a while ago, but I was curious if maybe it had changed. I was curious if I could get a cache published at a certin time. Let's say I wanted a cache published an hour before an event strt time (Let's say at 4pm) so someone could find it for the event, or would I have to to maybe ask my reviewer in the note if they could publish it around a certain time wheever. Thanks 

No guarantee on the precise time, but they can be scheduled on the half hour.  I've seen a variance of up to 3 minutes on the scheduled time.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:37 AM, blueduck7 said:

I was curious if I could get a cache published at a certin time. Let's say I wanted a cache published an hour before an event strt time (Let's say at 4pm) so someone could find it for the event, or would I have to to maybe ask my reviewer in the note if they could publish it around a certain time wheever. Thanks 

It all depends on your reviewer and his/her schedule - I recently held an event and had an Adventure Lab with a bonus cache I wanted to be published near the time of the event so those attending could do the Lab abd find the bonus as part of the event.  It all worked out well, as I had the cache in place and coordinates verified a week or so prior to the event (gave the reviewer and myself plenty of time so if there were issues, they could be resolved well ahead of publication!).  The reviewer told me in a note that he would publish the bonus cache around 1:00 in the afternoon of my event (at 3:00), so I was ready to enable my Adventure Lab at that time.  The bonus was published right on the dot at 1:00!  I enabled the Adventure Lab, and a few of the early arrivals at the event were able to complete it and find the bonus before the event started.  

It does take some coordination with your reviewer, and some planning ahead of time, but it's entirely doable!