Leave them as you find them!

Leemax

Please leave caches as you find them.

I have come across a number of cases, both in my own caches and in others, where the cache has quite obviously been moved, or not replaced as the cache-owner originally intended.

Sometimes caches have been left completely exposed, and in one case concerning one of my own caches, it had been hidden even better than was originally planned, thus making the "Difficulty" rating meaningless.

I don't know if this has happened intentionally or through carelessness, but if you think that a cache should be moved, or hidden better, then contact the cache owner and let them decide! If it happens through carelessness, then that geocacher should be thoroughly ashamed and try to be a little bit more considerate!

I don't hide them better than they were when I found them, unless I can be very sure I know the original way it was hidden. What if the original hider really meant it to be visible for some reason? It's not my business to decide what's the best way to hide another cacher's cache.

If the cache is too revealed/unhidden/visible in my opinion, I'll tell it in the log and/or email the owner about it. They can fix it if they think it's not hidden in the original way.

If the cache is too revealed/unhidden/visible in my opinion, I'll tell it in the log and/or email the owner about it. They can fix it if they think it's not hidden in the original way.

Yep, that's what I do also usually, but in those cases I refer, it was obvious that the container had either dropped, slided or otherwise removed from the original place, probably by animals or, who knows, by careless visitor.

Maby it is not always geocacher who changes the way cache is hidden. Geogooglers or other accidential finders might be the one that leave the cache wide open or rehide it to different or less or more visible way.

For example if children accidently finds a cachebox, takes it to their parents, they read the description and are responsible enought to rehide the cache - how could they know exactly where the kids found it?

Locating the cache in the same way it was before, should be fairly easy task for average geocacher. Even if you are tempted to hide it differently.

Some of the cacheboxes I have been able to find, have been hidden in extremely difficult place ~ microbox to forearm deep in swamp... But even then I have not changed the way it was hidden, just giving some light feedback to owner through the log.

Edited by rometku