Where's In A Name? (by Crusso)

Cholo

Do you take interesting photos? Look into Crusso's "Where's In A Name Cache" gc3153. My user name coordinate is 24deg. 33.6min.(24 33.6), this can be N, S, E, or W. You may add numbers on the end of 33.6 and the intersecting coordinate is your choice. If you're interested, please contact me.

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

Do you take interesting photos? Look into Crusso's "Where's In A Name Cache" gc3153. My user name coordinate is 24deg. 33.6min.(24 33.6), this can be N, S, E, or W. You may add numbers on the end of 33.6 and the intersecting coordinate is your choice. If you're interested, please contact me.

Erwast from Finland sent me photos that he'd taken at E024 33.604 x N60 12.341. These are good scenic photos and can be seen at the gc3153 site. I don't think that there's a rule against logging this cache more than once. As a matter of fact, I think the more photos of different areas of the world, the better.

Please Help me someone I'm trying this Cache;

"Where's In A Name Cache" gc3153. By Crusso's

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=12627

My user name coordinate is 26deg. 47.3min.(26 47.3), this can be N, S, E, or W. You may add numbers on the end of 47.3 and the intersecting coordinate is your choice. If you're interested, please contact me.

Cowie

jesper.keil@person.dk

Moi!

Koitanpa mäkin nyt sitä Crusson "Where's In A Name" kätköä. Meidän käyttäjätunnus konvertoituu koordinaateiksi 22°39.2' eli jos voit ottaa kuvan jostain paikasta joka on koordinaateissa N x°yy.yyy' (saat päättää itse) E 22°39.2yy' (lopun voit valita itse) niin ota yhteys minuun.

Tuo 22.39 - linja menee suunnilleen Kemiöstä Turun itäpuolelta, Porin - Tampereen välistä ja Vaasa - Seinäjoki välistä.

Lisätietoja kätköstä, ks.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&ID=12627

terveisin,

70242_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

Erwast from Finland sent me photos that he'd taken at E024 33.604 x N60 12.341. These are good scenic photos and can be seen at the gc3153 site. I don't think that there's a rule against logging this cache more than once. As a matter of fact, I think the more photos of different areas of the world, the better.

I can log this cache again only as the photographer of someone elses user name coordinates. Therefore, my user name coordinates are now invalid, for me. If someone else has the same user name coordinates, that's a different story.

quote:
Originally posted by Erwast:

As a matter a fact there is a general rule not to log same cache twice so i confirmed this one as a note since I've already logged this cache.

Erwast

Thanks for your comments at the cache site and also alerting me about "double logging". I don't think that there's a general rule on this, but I do think it's a bad idea for a regular cache. I contacted the cache owner about this and have added a note concerning it.

Thanks for the link, I have been planning a trip to Sweden during my summer vacation and it seems that there are lots of caches in Southern Sweden.

Kiitos tuosta linkistä, olen suunnitellut lomamatkaa ensi kesäksi Ruotsiin geokätköjä etsiskelemään ja Etelä-Ruotis näyttäisi lupaavalta.

[This message was edited by kalman on February 05, 2003 at 03:05 AM.]

Hi!

I'm trying also Crusso's "Where's In A Name" cache. Our username converts to coordinates 22°39.2' i.e. if you can take photos in some place which locates somewhere in N x°yy.yyy' (you may choose whole coordinate by yourself) E 22°39.2yy' (choose yy by yourself) please contact me.

That 22.39 - line goes through eastern part of Norrbotten.

More information about this cache, see:

Best wishes,

70242_1300.gif

Hello from Scotland

I need some help to log this cache

My User name is Naefearjustbeer and it gives the co-ordinates 62 33.32. This is why I post in your forum

What I need is someone who can go to a location and take a photo of their GPS displaying N62 33.32 The rest of the co-ordinates do not matter. And then email the cache owner with the details so that we can both log a find.

Thanks In Advance

Naefearjustbeer

www.team-mcc.co.uk

Hear about the 2 blondes that walked into a bar?

You would of thought at least one of them would of seen it!!

Moi!

Koitan edelleen sitä Crusson "Where's In A Name" kätköä. Meidän käyttäjätunnus konvertoituu koordinaateiksi 22°39.2' eli jos voit ottaa kuvan jostain paikasta joka on koordinaateissa N x°yy.yyy' (saat päättää itse) E 22°39.2yy' (lopun voit valita itse) niin ota yhteys minuun.

Tuo 22.39 - linja menee suunnilleen Kemiöstä Turun itäpuolelta, Porin - Tampereen välistä ja Vaasa - Seinäjoki välistä.

Lisätietoja kätköstä, ks.

terveisin,

70242_1300.gif

Miten Crusso mahtaisi suhtautua, jos joku suomalainen ajelee esim. Itämeren ympäri ja avustaa? Kätkön ohjeissa puhutaan vain toisesta henkilöstä - ei siitä mistä on kotoisin.

On nimittäin jo varattu laivapaikka Helsingistä Tallinnaan.

Jouko

Anyone near these coordinates would like to help me with this cache?

We would both get a find. Thanks for your help! You can leave a message here or email me directly.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Live geocaching help 1-800-ASK-KEEN extension 0324998 - call when you're out caching and you get stuck!

Buy Tupperware for cache containers.

First of all I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum,, I dont see Greenland listed so I'm starting here. I'm looking for someone to log the "Wheres In a Name cache" ( GC3153 )These are the Cord's,,<66 68.262 52 84.883> I was going to try the full cord's first, however I'm under the undestanding its not required,,I thought that I would start this way.

Well I just looked at these Cord's,,and realized that there are no such cord's..so after going back to the cache page I should devided the over 60 minutes by 2,,and that puts the cord's out in the water about a mile, so I spose this post should be deleted,,,, IF only I could delete it. Funny that no one posted a comment....I guess the laughs on all that read it....not just me. Cache on.

quote:
Originally posted by Montana Latitude:

realized that there are no such cord's..so the cord's out in the water about a mile, Funny that no one posted a comment....I guess the laughs on all that read it....not just me. Cache on.

Ha, ha, ha! The coordinates put you up that famous "creek". Wanna buy a paddle? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Any of you who would like to join? We will both be able to logg a find. The first part of the coordinate is N62° 36.940 and the rest is up to you….

I will be visiting Finland in mid-July, so if that kind of delay is okay, I'd like to do your coordinates. My Finnish home happens to be very close to those coordinates icon_razz.gif.

quote:
I will be visiting Finland in mid-July, so if that kind of delay is okay, I'd like to do your coordinates. My Finnish home happens to be very close to those coordinates

Mid-July is fine. Please e-mail me when you are ready.

madnygaa

Norwegian Geocacher

Can you help me with this cache? The coordinates are N/S/E/W 25 33.22. It seems that Helsinki, Vantaa, Jamsa are in the general location of this coordinate.

For more information in getting credit for this cache, please read the details at

We both get credit for this find. Please email or leave a message for this thread if you think you can help out

Thanks for your help in advance,

Bldebabe

Do you live near N66.31.46?

I'm interested in doing the "Where's in a name" cache and figure that I'll achieve one of the longest distances possible by targeting N 66.31.46 in the Nordic region from my home in New Zealand.

I need someone to travel to N66.31.46, take a photo of their GPS clearly displaying that co-ordinate and Email it to me.

Please see the cache page for details. If you help me, you get to log the cache as well.

Where's in a name cache

Hi!

I guess you would get help more easily if you check what towns and counties are along that latitude and ask if there is any geocachers in those named areas who would like to co-operate with you.

But the best way is to search caches along that latitude and contact their owners. That's how i found a partner, when i logged this cache.

I'll be driving past the Glen Shee ski resort in the Highlands of Scotland, which is almost exactly at that Latitude. I'll see what I can do for you.

The trip may be next week, but more probably the week after. Alternatively, if you're not in a hurry, we could wait until the first major snowfall of the winter to get some prettier pictures when the mountains are in their full winter plumage!

Here in Sweden goes that coordinate from south of Varberg at the westcoast to Växjö at the eastcoast, and then also thru the island of Öland.

There is a team in Varberg called "Carlarna" that might help you with your request, we have met them twice at events and they are really nice people.

There is also a cacher in Lagan, that is just north of this coordinate, and there is one cacher in Sweden based. Username "apersson850". Check with him if he might help you.

We just logged this cache the other day, with help by '1short' in Canada. It's a really great cache! So good luck.

Try to mail these users and ask if they want to help you....

/Hedberg, Göteborg, Sweden

To add confusion to the topic, I'm trying to find 28° 32.92 for Where's in a Name.

My trusty old (and I mean old) Atlas informs me that Imatra, Heinavesi (excuse the lack of accents, I don't know how to type them), and Tuusmemi (I can't actually read the text for this one, so I may have mispelt) in Finland lie near E 28° 32.92. There are others too but I'm not going to list everything.

Can anyone out there help? I have other options available to me (S 28° 32.92 passes through Australia in Southern Queensland where I have relatives) but finding someone in Finland would be sweet!

Where's in a name

Can you help me?

Are you near the co-ordinates of

N62'36.2**

If so, contact me and we will both be able to get a cache (with your help).

Basically, you will need to take a picture of your GPS (displaying the above co-ordinates) and the surrounding area and be able to upload it to the geocaching website.

Thanks,

MarcB :lol:

Inspired by MarcB's request, we decided to check our 'Where's in a name?' location. It turns out to be 78deg 41.31'

I notice this line of latitude runs straight through Svalbard (pretty close to Ny Ålesund, in fact) and although I can't find any caches there, I wonder if any adventurous Nordic cachers ever go there?

Please get in touch if you can help!

Thanks,

Stu

Edited by stu_and_sarah