Where's In A Name? (by Crusso)

Cholo

I know this might be reaching a bit but here goes:

I'm trying to log this cache and my north coord is: N72 66.243.

So far the best I can do is Greenland but there are only a couple of caches there so I'm unsure how many cachers there are in the area.

Is there anyone in Greenland that can give me some help? I think I'm going to have to use Greenland because N72 puts me out in the water in most places.

Thanks,

Scoobie

I'm trying to log this cache and my north coord is:  N72 66.243.

Well - that coordinate can not used because there are 66 minutes and the maximum is 60. So it must be changed to 73°06.243.

And that can be used as W73°06.243 which gives you plenty of geocachers for example in Long Island...

Hi ...

Looking for some assistance with the Where's in a Name cache ...

If I understand the algorithm correctly my username (W1QA) results in

92 degrees 12 minutes XX seconds

That will leave just east and west ... which should not be a problem,

as a north-south line cuts through much of the central US.

Here's a list of states and cities that may qualify:

AR Little Rock

AR Sherwood

IA Cedar Falls

IA Waterloo

LA Lafayette

LA Monroe

MN Duluth

MN Rochester

MO Columbia

MO Jefferson City

WI Superior

Feel free to to contact me through the Geocaching site ... and would be glad to help anyone else out with a similar find in my area as well.

Bob W1QA

Hi geocachers in Finland B)

Crusso's "Where's In A Name Cache" gc3153, i Like to find someone in Finland who lives near E 26.22.466 (That' my name Aktaion in coordinates)

We both can log in that way,

thanks in advance

Aktaion

(Ronald, from the Netherlands, who travelled through Finland several times)

Hi geocachers in Finland

Crusso's "Where's In A Name Cache" gc3153, i Like to find someone in Finland who lives near E 26.22.466 (That' my name Aktaion in coordinates)

We both can log in that way,

thanks in advance

Aktaion

(Ronald, from the Netherlands, who travelled through Finland several times)

I am trying to find a geocacher willing to help me log "Where's In a Name?" . The first half of the location has to be N 64° 07.2xx to match my personal caching name, Neos2.

My husband is also interested in the cache--and we thought it would be fun to find cachers in two different counties to help out--but we would agree to having two locals join together to go out and hunt up good places if someone else wants to log the cache. His cords work out to N 64° 07.1xx to go with his caching name Neos 1.

It looks like the coords match up to locations near Kalajoki, and Kajaan in Finland; Omsdkoldsvik, and Umea in Sweden; Reykjavik in Iceland; and Trondheim in Norway.

Capt Morgan, I have noticed your name in logs in some of the areas that I have been searching through. Perhaps you are familiar with the area and could give me some pointers?

The following two caches seem to be very close to the coords that we would need:

(GCPT1K) Vettan by Mermaid63

(GCNXXJ) Akolankari by johkar

Maxxy,

I tried to email you, but the system says that you haven't validated your account yet, so the email would not go through. Just wanted to update you. Someone in Argentina helped me with my own caching name---but my husband still needs his coords photographed, (N 64° 07.1xx to go with his caching name Neos 1). I didn't want you to go through all of the trouble for both of us when we just need the one set now. Thanks again for the offer.

I tried to email you, but the system says that you haven't validated your account yet, so the email would not go through.

Yes, I know :) . GC can't send post for me, any post (logs infos, watchlist etc, nothing). Not even validate account, that they ask for me ;)

But anyway... I snap that other picture and send that for you. :D

Try: maxxy@maxxy.net

Edited by Maxxy

Geocache Where's In A Name has been archived after Waymarking site was opened. I don't know if there's a waymark with similar idea, but I guess it will get it's own thread somewhere.

So I think the forum moderator should unpin this thread so it will drop soon off the first page.