[bug] Logging date doesn't stick

T0I3145

Same problem here. What's happening is that one used to be able to just change the date once at the start of a logging session, and the logs would then carry on defaulting to that date for an hour or so or until you changed it. That seems to have stopped working, so each and every log has to be changed manually from the current date.

And another bug. Logging caches from last weekend from a list. I opened the list on a map as usual and when I open the cache page, or go directly to LOG from there I always get today's date with every log. In the past the last chosen date would stick on the log form for a while.

Windows laptop, Firefox (about two updates behind)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
7 minutes ago, HHL said:

See that:

Ah, so that bug is the same. Didn't realize just from the title (so many caches to log, so little time!). And still not fixed then. Thanks a lot.

Edited by terratin

I've been having the same problem. It's very annoying and also very time consuming to have to go back and edit everything. I hope that this gets fixed soon. It seemed to work quite nicely in the past.

It's now been two months and it still isn't fixed. This is no longer merely frustrating; I am now getting angry that Groundspeak don't seem to care. It should be a simple bug to fix, but all they seem to care about is setting more and more ridiculous souvernirs. I have 31 caches to log today that I found yesterday, and will have to waste time fixing the date on every one.

This is now around 2 months since this issue started. I'm trying to log my finds from a recent mega event which is proving to be very difficult. Any news on the resolution to this problem? It sure seems to be dragging on a long time.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:03 PM, Frau Potter said:

Sorry for the delay, but I can confirm that the team is still exploring options to make the log date sticky again and does plan to roll this out once they have completed the coding and testing. 

@Frau Potter Can you confirm that the team is still working to fix this annoying bug? 5 months and counting, and though there is the get-around of using the old logging system, having to set the log type every time is almost as annoying as remembering to change the date with the new system.

I've decided that I don't care what date my caches are logged on. It the date won't stick I'll just log everything on whatever date shows up. I'm planning a trip soon where I might find up to 100 caches. I have no plans to keep changing the date for that many caches.

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, bd's said:

I've decided that I don't care what date my caches are logged on. It the date won't stick I'll just log everything on whatever date shows up. I'm planning a trip soon where I might find up to 100 caches. I have no plans to keep changing the date for that many caches.

:sad:

On 10/14/2023 at 10:24 PM, bd's said:

I like to keep logs with the correct dates, but I'm now considering logging everything as I go using the app, rather than trying to write proper logs using a keyboard when I finish. It means logs will just be "TFTC", as I hate trying to write long texts on a crappy phone keyboard.

Seriously, why is this such a problem?

3 hours ago, Optimist on the run said:

I like to keep logs with the correct dates, but I'm now considering logging everything as I go using the app, rather than trying to write proper logs using a keyboard when I finish. It means logs will just be "TFTC", as I hate trying to write long texts on a crappy phone keyboard.

:sad:

@bd's, you should post details about your experience in the Release Notes thread linked to by Frau Potter in the post above yours.  I've been using the new logging flow for 100+ logs, and I haven't had problems with either the log type "sticking" from my drafts, or in uploading images.

• Upvote 1

I always used the "old" logging form, and it nicely preserved the previously selected date (until day change in the USA, I believe).

It looks like the "old" form has been removed now (don't see the opt out link anymore), and I'm stuck with the new form, which does not preserve the date.

Can we please get the old form back? It worked better :)

As noted above, this should be discussed in the current Release Notes thread.  The opening post in that thread points out the method for making the log date "sticky."

The new logging flow will be the only method going forward, so any bugs or enhancement requests should be pointed out in the Release Notes discussion.

At this time, I'm closing this thread as redundant to the Release Notes.