NZ MAPPED

Guest kaimaikid

Guest kaimaikid

HEY YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ALL 3 DISCS TO YOUR HARD DRIVE(north island version).

Had a email from nz mapped explaining how to do it and a extra file for this purpose.

Did it and it works well being able to access all 3 discs like it was the dvd version with the goto function working well. So for those (like me) who can't be bothered changing discs, this is a great feature.

Either email nz mapped or myself and I'll forward their email to you.

cheers

stoney icon_biggrin.gif

Guest HunterGatherer

t i've been having to open a new window each time... mine wouldn't jump from map to map.

Have you managed to get all three disks to run seamlessly into each other?

I'll be upset if you have, cause I've had the file for three weeks and would hate to have missed that this long icon_smile.gif

Guest kaimaikid

certainly have mate... try accessing through start/program/nz mapped menu and go to all nz option[ dvd version] once the program opens click on the north island or south depending on what you have and hey presto it works... well it did for me... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cheers

stoney icon_biggrin.gif

Guest kaimaikid

please note - make sure that this file is being used on ONE computor only or you'll have to get a multiple network licence otherwise you'll will breach copyright.

The good folks at nz mapped have been extremely helpful and quick to answer any querries that you may have. I would go as far to say that they'd be one of the best software crowds that I've had the pleasure to deal with.

By the way, I'm not affiliated with them in any way shape or form apart from using their nz mapped program.

cheers

stoney icon_biggrin.gif

when you thik about it - nz mapped is almost a way to cheat when it comes to geodashing and geocaching... icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by kaimaikid (edited 14 November 2001).]

Guest rediguana

quote:
Originally posted by kaimaikid:

when you thik about it - nz mapped is almost a way to cheat when it comes to geodashing and geocaching...

Hehe, I don't quite agree with you there icon_smile.gif You still have to get to the cache/point and that can be a mission in itself. But like anything in life, the better prepared you are to meet the task, the less daunting it seems. Mapping software definitely helps one prepare icon_wink.gif I definitely wouldn't call it cheating, not even with orthos.

Cheers Gav

Guest HunterGatherer

except when i was solving the Mission Impossible cache there was a point i didn't have to visit because it was a street name... i took the name right off NZ mapped... now don't know if that's cheating... but it's certainly lazy

quote:
Originally posted by HunterGatherer:

i took the name right off NZ mapped... now don't know if that's cheating... but it's certainly lazy

No not lazy, creative ... icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Adam cool.gif

Guest tgsnoopy

Yeah I gotta admit, I coulda saved a little driving if I'd done that myself. But I didn't in case there was a bum steer in the clues for people who did that. Hopefully I'll get some time to look at the Matrix tonight. There certainly is a bit of driving involved in solving MI, especially if you live in Tauranga like I do icon_smile.gif. I love having NZ Mapped on the HDD it's so much easier. Now I just need the south island CD's and I'd be sussed. I wish they would do a seriously discounted price for the second set, then I'd be in, cause I can't justify the price for a set I'd only use occasionally, and then usually just to satisfy my curiosity. I actually bought 5 more Topo paper maps on the weekend too, so the expense still goes on. Maybe that laptop could be affordable after all. Hmmm, pity christmas is just around the corner.

be good, I often wonder what the terrain is like in some of those south island caches. I can't see the big discount coming from polymedia though icon_frown.gif

I have the same problem with the map purchases ... still buy em ... is this an addiction? icon_wink.gif

Maybe it's time to start mapaholics anonymous ... I can see it now "Hi my names Adam and I'm a Mapaholic ... "

Cheers

Adam cool.gif