American to NZ in Jan hopefully

juanbob

My wife and I are planning a trip to NZ in January for a week or two. A beautiful country which needs a visit for sure.

My question: If we had 4 days to dedicate to geocaching, where would you locals recomend? We will be on the south island somewhere. Appreciate your input. Wish I could live in NZ!

Juanbob icon_eek.gif

quote:
My question: If we had 4 days to dedicate to geocaching, where would you locals recomend? We will be on the south island somewhere. Appreciate your input. Wish I could live in NZ!

If you want to max out on caches, and you are in the SI then Christchurch/Canterbury would have to have the highest cache density (see Nandor's Canterbury cache map) The other way you could do it would be to start at Nelson and cache down to Canterbury, then Dunedin - that way you could see a lot of the fantastic scenery that NZ has to offer as well as lots of caches (South Island cache map)

If you want, I can print topomaps with all the Canterbury caches and send them to you when you are over here to make getting round the caches easier.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Cheers

Nick.