What is your favorite waypoint in NZ?

BoyWonderZ

Hi! I am just getting into my GPS76s and geocaching just in time for a 4 month trip to New Zealand Sept - Jan. I have read many threads about caches in NZ, but please tell me the coordinates of your FAVORITE WAYPOINT to catch a beautiful landscape, sunrise, etc. Any help would be much appreciated. I am a big photographer and will be posting all pictures after my trip. I will gladly photograph any waypoints you refer me to...

Coromandel Paradise - a must for visiting geocachers....

If you are visiting the North Island or just looking for a good area to hunt geocaches then the Coromandel area has to be a must do on your list, but be warned, you will need to have a couple of days or more up your sleeve to enjoy it fully.

The Coromandel region is located on the East Coast of the North Island of New Zealand, which has alot of history from Captain Cooks visit to gold mining and forest harvesting at the dawn of the 1900s, excellent bush day walks to multiday treks, prestine beaches both sand and rocky, parks galore, views to die for, you name it, Coromandel has it for the tourist without the crowds.

nzmap.gif

The caches as at 3rd June 2003

"Geocache" by Boges (GCA1A7)

"Coromandel Peninsula" by The Elves (GCA192)

"Egans Flat" by tgsnoopy (GC28D5)

"Only the Lonely" by M@ (GCC05D)

"Double Trouble" by Pam and I (GCA359)

"Sting Ray Bay / HaHei" by The Elves (GCD87F)

"Cathedral Cove" by tgsnoopy (GC28DB)

"Tairua Cracker" by Gatman (GC95CF)

"Pauanui View" by Team Ariwa (GCCB4B)

"Bring a torch!" by Spudgun and Pam (GCA351)

"Paku View - Coromandel" by tgsnoopy (GCA5A3)

"Devcich Kauri" by Spudgun and Pam (GC3A93)

These are in no order and taken above the Kopu/Hikuwai highway....

Apart from the "Geocache" and "Coromandel Peninsula" caches, I have done these all in one day starting at the "Devcich Kauri" cache, wishing I had more time to explore the region and was very impressed with what I saw and found - this place is truely beautiful.

Thanks to you all who placed them......

Kaimai Kid

There are many paths to the top of the mountain....but the view is always the same....