We have lift off!

DOC Employee

Hi all,

Please accept my apologies for the substantial time that it has taken for me to be able to post a reply to this forum.

However, this morning I have managed to get an undertaking about where the Department is prepared to steer this issue. After the discussions held after my intial meeting with Gavin, it has been accepted that a concession document will not be necassary, and that agreeing on a list of "best practice techniques" will be appropriate.

In order to give certainty it is suggested that an MOU will be the best vehicle for this (this means that the Department knows where we are, and you have certainty that as staff in the Department change, the attitude will stay the same). I think that this could be achieved easily, with mutural gains being created, and a good working relationship benefiting both sides being the result.

There will be some issues surronding matters such as who the Department deals with and the specifics of a MOU. In order to discuss these, I aim to meet with Gavin to discuss, and will leave it to him to brief everyone else and get any feedback.

So, once again my apologies for the time it has taken to get to this point. That said, I am hopeful that this new approach will enable us to come to a understanding acceptable to both parties. This is exciting in that I can see benefits to both groups throuh such a relationship.

Cheers

Gareth