Cache event in January perhaps???

rediguana

Some talk ensued recently via email, and mention was made of having a cache event up here

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=11803

Nothing more has been said, but I thought I'd post here, and see what sort of interest there would be in getting a few together to slog up the hill, stay the night, claim the cache and come back down the next day. Sometime in January perhaps whilst everyone is one holiday?

Perhaps we could have a BBQ sometime in Chch too once I get back??

Cheers Gav

[This message was edited by rediguana on September 17, 2002 at 02:23 PM.]

As it was my idea, I should say that I am keen. Need to set a date so Bernadette can arrange time off work if required (she works 2 weekends out of the month)

I have sent a email to "The Mechanic" to see how much space there is at the summit, but I have not heard back from him... will keep you posted.

Cheers

Nick.

Well January is almost upon us, has anyone come up with any dates or ideas yet.

One idea from another cacher was to do the paraparanoia cache in golden bay- it has yet to be found.

The only downfall is that its a big climb to get there- approx 1100 metres up icon_eek.gif

Ruth and I will try to get there in Jan/ Feb sometime anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve & Ruth:

Well January is almost upon us, has anyone come up with any dates or ideas yet.

Man time has flown by! We'll probably organise an event here in Chch at some stage over summer. Haven't picked a location yet, but Nick and I have talked some over potential activities.

I will be heading up to Ruby Bay a few times over summer, and would definitely be keen to do Paraparanoia. Have you any dates in mind??

Cheers Gav

No definite dates as yet, Ruth starts nightshift soon so will be out of action until around 7 January- possibly do the trip during the following week.

It would depend on the weather- I'd hate to climb all that way to be clagged in by ****ty weather.

Then again the weathers always good up here icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Steve & Ruth:

No definite dates as yet, Ruth starts nightshift soon so will be out of action until around 7 January- possibly do the trip during the following week.

Thats cool. That might fit in quite nicely with me.

Hehe last time I drove over to Takaka, we couldn't see the top of the hill! And it was misty over the road pass as well! But I must say, I also had some fantastic weather for 4 days seakayaking early this year.

Cheers Gav