Travel Bugs

Guest rediguana

Guest HunterGatherer

Great idea... i actually started compiling things for a travel bug last week... have chosen my bug and am waiting for a dog-tag to be delivered (with an email address on it).

once that's here, i'll put a collar on my bug and get him in a cache. had planned to have his own site etc... but i'll check out the travel bug site and look for suggestions.

seems everytime i think i've got a good idea someone's already done it and better icon_smile.gif

look for Mr Moose or one of his mates soon.

[This message has been edited by HunterGatherer (edited 28 September 2001).]

Guest HunterGatherer

Great idea... i actually started compiling things for a travel bug last week... have chosen my bug and am waiting for a dog-tag to be delivered (with an email address on it).

once that's here, i'll put a collar on my bug and get him in a cache. had planned to have his own site etc... but i'll check out the travel bug site and look for suggestions.

seems everytime i think i've got a good idea someone's already done it and better icon_smile.gif

look for Mr Moose or one of his mates soon.

[This message has been edited by HunterGatherer (edited 28 September 2001).]

quote:
Originally posted by rediguana:

Would anyone else be interested in getting some to start travellers?

Yeah, I would'nt mind one or two, but as you say, they aint cheap.

Cheers,

Donovan.

Guest Nemesis

quote:

Let me know...

I would be in for one or two of them. icon_smile.gif

I will put one of them in my Bluff Hill cache, with instructions to head north as far as it can go. icon_wink.gif

I'm sure I could find a use for another one too. icon_wink.gif

Cheers,

Donovan.

Guest Nemesis

quote:

Let me know...

I would be in for one or two of them. icon_smile.gif

I will put one of them in my Bluff Hill cache, with instructions to head north as far as it can go. icon_wink.gif

I'm sure I could find a use for another one too. icon_wink.gif

Cheers,

Donovan.

Guest HunterGatherer

I've emailed geocaching.com twice since this post went up. asking about order details... the second time, i even placed an order for a 1/2 dozen to pass on etc... i haven't heard back, so imma stick to my original plan... my own travel bug, with it's own website to track it... hell the website comes free with the connection anyway icon_smile.gif

Guest HunterGatherer

I've emailed geocaching.com twice since this post went up. asking about order details... the second time, i even placed an order for a 1/2 dozen to pass on etc... i haven't heard back, so imma stick to my original plan... my own travel bug, with it's own website to track it... hell the website comes free with the connection anyway icon_smile.gif

Guest rediguana

quote:
Originally posted by HunterGatherer:

I've emailed geocaching.com twice since this post went up ... i haven't heard back

Same, I've heard no reply yet either. Shall we feel marginalised? Like people that use non Microsoft operating systems? icon_wink.gif (And before anyone bites, I've got a linux storage box under my desk here).

Hmm, where to from here?

Cheers Gav

Guest rediguana

quote:
Originally posted by HunterGatherer:

I've emailed geocaching.com twice since this post went up ... i haven't heard back

Same, I've heard no reply yet either. Shall we feel marginalised? Like people that use non Microsoft operating systems? icon_wink.gif (And before anyone bites, I've got a linux storage box under my desk here).

Hmm, where to from here?

Cheers Gav

Guest rediguana

quote:
Originally posted by Adman:

I think I could make up something here that would do the same job ... perhaps they could be kept track of at if rediguana is willing?

I'd be prepared to add that to the site, but I don't want to step on too many people toe's - well Jeremy's in fact if I do it. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to do though. Probably wouldn't be top of the priority list though icon_smile.gif Not straight away anyway hehe

Cheers Gav

Guest rediguana

quote:

I think I could make up something here that would do the same job ... perhaps they could be kept track of at if rediguana is willing?

I'd be prepared to add that to the site, but I don't want to step on too many people toe's - well Jeremy's in fact if I do it. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to do though. Probably wouldn't be top of the priority list though icon_smile.gif Not straight away anyway hehe

Cheers Gav

quote:

I don't want to step on too many people toe's - well Jeremy's in fact if I do it

Yeah that's fair enuf, I guess we should just wait and see if somebody replies rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Adam cool.gif

Guest rediguana

quote:

Has anybody had a reply yet?

Haven't heard a peep icon_frown.gif Guess I might have to start thinking about how this would work on a web site icon_smile.gif Any suggestions? ...

Cheers Gav

Guest rediguana

quote:

Has anybody had a reply yet?

Haven't heard a peep icon_frown.gif Guess I might have to start thinking about how this would work on a web site icon_smile.gif Any suggestions? ...

Cheers Gav

quote:

What did we do wrong? eek.gif

Hopefully the NZ requests are in his international orders queue as well. I guess we will have to wait and see rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Adam cool.gif

Guest dave351

Hey guys..

I just sent a BUNCH of travel bugs to Ideology in OZ about a week ago icon_biggrin.gif. They might not get there for another week or so, but maybe you can pry some away from them if you have some reason to travel to OZ, or get some out of their caches.

Good Hunting

Dave

Guest dave351

Hey guys..

I just sent a BUNCH of travel bugs to Ideology in OZ about a week ago icon_biggrin.gif. They might not get there for another week or so, but maybe you can pry some away from them if you have some reason to travel to OZ, or get some out of their caches.

Good Hunting

Dave

Guest rediguana

quote:
Originally posted by dave351:

... maybe you can pry some away from them if you have some reason to travel to OZ, or get some out of their caches

That would be seen as bugnapping wouldn't it? We don't want to be cache terrorists! LOL I've emailed geocaching.com again today to try and sort something out with them so we can arrange product getting to NZ, through an intermediary if necessary.

Cheers Gav