Placing trackables in other countries

GiGi4TWCG

I will be traveling to France, Greece, Italy, Switzerland & Germany next month (I live in the U.S.) and have purchased several trackables to place in each of these countries. I am concerned about the possibility of someone not being able to read the information I am putting on the trackable (attached to it).  Am I worrying unnecessarily about the language difference?

I am fairly sure that the trackable's page gives the option to translate languages. Some people can read other languages, or enough to get an idea of the meaning. Some people will even use a language translation app on their own.  I suggest making a simple goal for the trackables. You may even use a translation app and add the goal in the language of the country where you will be placing the trackable on the trackable's page.

1 hour ago, Goldenwattle said:

Don't worry about it. The trackable is hardly likely to stay in one country, and it would be a very 'busy' page if you supplied every language of the world.

I wasn't suggesting 'every language in the world.' Just the language of the country the trackable is placed in first.

7 hours ago, GeoCharmer81 said:

I wasn't suggesting 'every language in the world.' Just the language of the country the trackable is placed in first.

But it won't stay in that country. In a few days it could be in another country. That is what I was saying. Then it won't be the local language...unless of course you plan to change the language every time the trackable changed countries. That would work.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

But it won't stay in that country. In a few days it could be in another country. That is what I was saying. Then it won't be the local language...unless of course you plan to change the language every time the trackable changed countries. That would work.

Yep.  I sent a promotion trackable to another country just to see if issues here were international.

After the CO I sent it to Placed it in a cache, it was Discovered twice, then Retrieved and brought to another country all within a month.