Winter must slow us down!

tgsnoopy
Followers 0

quote:
Originally posted by Steve & Ruth:

These stat sites seem to be inaccurate, I know for mine I have hidden 6 or 7 caches but it says I have hidden none.

Yeah Dan had a problem for a while with the 'hidden' caches - you can check what he has on file from you (using 'User' page) and update it using the 'Missing Logs' page.

quote:
Perhaps that could be a new webpage to be created by one of New Zealands computer skill-blessed cachers!!!

Jeremy is having a crack down on programs that slurp data from the GC.com website, so this would probably not be a good idea icon_frown.gif

(see here and here) Though I do have the scripts that geocacheuk.com use for the UK stats, so it would not take too much work to implement.

Cheers

Nick.

quote:
Yeah Dan had a problem for a while with the 'hidden' caches - you can check what he has on file from you (using 'User' page) and update it using the 'Missing Logs' page.

The counts given in the summary don't seem to add up to what's in the log list for me. I've tried to add a missing log but it doesn't seem to take it.

M@

Auckland Kayakers Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/auckland-kayakers

Well I don't know about everyone else, but it truely seems to be a silly season this year icon_rolleyes.gif.

Tauranga Grid locked over the harbour bridge this afternoon after a minor accident on the causeway. Yay 1 hour 15 minutes to travel from the Mount to Tauranga, normally a 5 minute trip. I actually wish they'd put the toll back on it so it wouldn't grid lock anymore icon_eek.gif.

I had hoped to get a few more caches in by now, but alas other things keep cropping up. Yesterday morning my sister appeared back from the UK for Christmas, also with friends and relatives paying spontaneous visits I don't know if I'm going to get any more in before Christmas but I'm not complaining icon_wink.gif. (Mental note, Must take sister geocaching)

Now as for the prospect of unwanted presents appearing in caches, that is something I hadn't thought of, but hey, why not? One mans junk is another mans treasure after all. Gee, will we see a cache armed with 2 pairs of Y fronts, 3 pairs of socks etc? Will anyone ever take them? On another note, whilst working for Telecom some 10 to 15 years ago, I remember unpacking the NEC NEAX61E exchange equipment (from Japan), on the inventory lists was packets of lint free cloth. Well these packets of lint free cloth never got used, in fact they were incinerated at the hospital in there plastic bags, the bags contained used cotton underwear, complete with skid marks icon_frown.gif. These Neax exchanges were the downfall of most Telecom technicians as they required practially no maintenance and replaced mechanical exchanges which required lots. Tauranga went from nearly 100 technicians to about 5.

But I digress. I'm considering creating a temporary cache, a multi-virtual cache, one others could do in their city. What I'm thinking of doing is creating a list of waypoints, complete with instructions to visit the best illuminated houses, a Christmas lights trail. The BOP Times actually publishes one, and I'm thinking about creating a cache theme. What do others think? Would it be worth the effort?

Oh, and by the way, in case I don't catch your attention again before the big day... Merry Christmas!

I can't beleive that Christmas is becoming such a sensitive word in our society. Unbeleivable, I thought the idea of our society was to be tolerant of other beleifs, so why can't they tolerate our Christmas? Gee, I'm going off on a tangent again. Enjoy the "Summer Season" everyone icon_biggrin.gif.