mapzone.co.nz

Guest rediguana

Guest rediguana

quote:
Originally posted by rediguana:

www.mapzone.co.nz

Looks OK, and it looks like the URL will take coords in NZMG format. Not as pretty as 260 series for sure ... but probably has its place for some people. Goes down to a reasonable scale, esp with urban st names. Checked out the service station and fast food links and they were lacking a bit in Chch - at least compared to the points I'd collected. Frankly, I am still the most keen on developing a free db so that anyone can dl the coords into their program of choice rather than use the net and do the processing on their own machine.

Oh well, time will tell - wish I could dedicate more time to it now, but Nov will have to do icon_smile.gif

Cheers Gav

Guest HunterGatherer

i found a labeling mistake on their map on my first look... they spelt a place name wrong icon_smile.gif

i have emailed them to gloat, i mean inform them of their error icon_smile.gif

Wow, what a cool site. icon_biggrin.gif

Every street address and number I have stuck in so far, has gone to the exact spot and as rediguana mentioned if you zoom in the NZMG coordinates are shown in the address. It's great to have another tool in my arsenal.

Very Happy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Cheers

Adam cool.gif

quote:

Not as pretty as 260 series for sure ... but probably has its place for some people.

Yeah the thing about this site for me though is the fact that I can stick in an exact street address & number and get co-ordinates from it, this is the first time I've seen that icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers

Adam cool.gif

Guest Nemesis

quote:

[b...there is a new online map site in nz....check it out...[/b]

Very cool! I really like how you can search for street numbers. icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Donovan.