Movie theaters category

seal13

Hello,

First of all, I apologies if this question was already raised but I couldn't find it!

I have (nearby to my house) a theater with the following caracteristics:

- built in the 70s

- 3 screens (normal one, which means with seats where you can't drive in! :-)

- one of the screen is open (ie no roof so only used during summer)

- not an IMAX

I'm a bit disappointed as I can't find any category for this one. Can someone please confirm?

Best regards

Capture d’écran 2023-03-19 à 09.13.11.png

As far as I can see you are right with your findings. And I can also imagine, why there is no category for "Movie Theatres" in general. If they would serve meals (I know that this is very unlikely from the description you gave us) the place could be accepted by "Movie Theater Meals" ...

So the best fitting category would be "Vintage Movie Theaters" - but you'll have to wait at least until 2030, as they say in the description that the theatre "has also been in existence for more than 60 years." ....

• Helpful 1
On 3/19/2023 at 11:30 AM, FamilieFrohne said:

As far as I can see you are right with your findings. And I can also imagine, why there is no category for "Movie Theatres" in general. If they would serve meals (I know that this is very unlikely from the description you gave us) the place could be accepted by "Movie Theater Meals" ...

So the best fitting category would be "Vintage Movie Theaters" - but you'll have to wait at least until 2030, as they say in the description that the theatre "has also been in existence for more than 60 years." ....

Fair point ! I will put a reminder in my agenda for 2030! Not so far! 🤣

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

Maybe ...

• it has an interesting "Neon sign"
  • it is some sort of "Superlatives" like oldest/only/biggest/... (open-air) cinema in ....
  • it has a special architecural style like "Art Deco - Art Nouveau" or "Googie Architecture" or....
  • you can find a photo of the opening and post it in "Photos Then and Now"
  • it has a "Wikipedia Entry"
  • you can find a news article about it and post it in "News Article Locations"
  • you can find the year of its construction somewhere on the building and post it in "Dated Buildings and Cornerstones"

In general: If you could tell us the name/location of the cinema, that would make things even easier.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1