Cache Owner Dashboard heading change

barefootjeff

What's happened to the heading in the Cache Owner Dashboard?

Before:

image.png.6d748057e17e8a99e4f1b5addd7b6061.png

Now:

image.png.8eaf2dd38941603422fdd93498c4c3f8.png

As well as the poor contrast between the grey labels and the dark green background, these new button things (if that's what they're meant to be) are also forcing the columns to be of uniform width instead of before when the columns with narrower information fields, like Finds, Favourites and DNFs, were narrower.

How is this an improvement?

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
53 minutes ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

It's not, it's a bug in the CSS styles for that page.

Going back to my point above, surely the process for releasing code to live requires that someone checks the changes in test before they go into the live site, and then having gone live someone checks the live site?

If that's the case how can it be that this wasn't picked up until one of your customers spotted it?

• Upvote 3
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MartyBartfast said:

Going back to my point above, surely the process for releasing code to live requires that someone checks the changes in test before they go into the live site, and then having gone live someone checks the live site?

If that's the case how can it be that this wasn't picked up until one of your customers spotted it?

I actually wrote up a bug report for this on the 13th, believe it or not, while testing something else. So we've been aware, it's just not a drop everything to fix it type of bug.

For any code change, there's a mix of manual and automated testing involved.

Unit tests are written by developers to help guide their development and make sure that they build what is asked.

Further manual tests by an QA engineer are used to validate the acceptance criteria of any particular ticket. As an example: is there a button now where there was no button before in space X.

Automated tests are used to validate certain essential features of the website. As an example: can a player create an account, can they sign in, can they run a search that returns results, etc.

All of this happens at multiple stages:

- in a test environment

- during deployment

- in production once things are live

Catching that a style change in area A had an unintended impact on a otherwise unrelated area B would require some degree of "turning over every stone" of the website every time you make any kind of change. That's not feasible for any company.

Testing styles outside of the changed area or essential areas is generally uncommen. The focus of testing is generally to make sure that "a button is there and works". Visual mismatches 9 times out of 10 tend to be annoyances that are then prioritized as such.

Edited by Bl4ckH4wkGER
  • Upvote 3
  • Helpful 3
9 hours ago, C2iC said:

In fact it still doesn't work!

My observation (German account):

It works as usual when i allow two cookies: Statistics and Advertising.
A check mark for preferences is not necessary.

It's annoying that I have to allow these cookies even though I paid for Premium!

Besides, these restrictions have never existed before. :mad:

• Helpful 1