Feature Request: do not show finds-counter or other player's stats, if player blocks its own stats.

Die C-SAU Bande

Hi,

Due to privacy concerns, player may block their stats to be seen by other players. That is okay.

But the most cachers I know, use this feature for cheating: not other player is able to view their logged caches but they like to boast about how many caches they've found.

Requested Feature(s): 

• If player block the stats, their finds-counter should not be displayed, neither to them nor to the community. (Website and Apps)
  • In addition, they should not be able to see statistics of other players or their finds-counter (like Whatsapp online-status). 

Happy hunting,

Udo

• Upvote 6
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1

Have to disagree. I have things hidden due to a stalker ex. Should that prevent me seeing other stats? I have it set to friends so they can see. (I have no friends who either know or would contact the ex.)

But I admit the new privacy options are done a bit oddly.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Die C-SAU Bande said:

Due to privacy concerns, player may block their stats to be seen by other players. That is okay.

But the most cachers I know, use this feature for cheating: not other player is able to view their logged caches but they like to boast about how many caches they've found.

Requested Feature(s): 

If player block the stats, their finds-counter should not be displayed, neither to them nor to the community. (Website and Apps)

In addition, they should not be able to see statistics of other players or their finds-counter (like Whatsapp online-status). 

Sad that you know that many cheaters, but I like the idea...  And thank you for not being one.

If they're "hidden" supposedly for privacy, why should they be allowed to view my not-hidden profile?

Years ago, folks interested in their stats would ask in these forums why their numbers didn't match. 

- Turns out that many were logging multiple times on one cache and/or logging "finds" on their own caches every time they did maintenance.

After our helpful advice, they were "embarassed" that others now know they cheated at their request.  :laughing:

Later going to their profiles, and seeing their stats hidden probably meant at the time they were now hiding their silliness. 

Multiple logging, and logging your own hides ended in 2017.  Entire profiles hidden now mean no one knows what you're up to...

13 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Wow. 

I don't know one person who uses this feature for cheating. 

There's a Netherlands player who just logged a number of caches down here in Aotearoa New Zealand.  The CO is inactive and the player is logging 8 years after their 'find'.  Unsurprisingly their profile and stats are hidden.

22 hours ago, Die C-SAU Bande said:

There are two easy ways to go around this:

Official way

• Go to the search form -> 'Filters'
  • Remove your own name from 'Not found by'
  • Enter the player's name in 'Found by'
  • Enter the period in 'Find Date' (Between)

Inofficial way