FYI: Change of profile text does not work any more

I was asked by "YoSam." if there is a problem with changing the profile. He explained, that he wanted to change just one row in his century club category list and got the message "Image tags that contain data are not supported." when he tried to save the text.

So I tried to do a similar change on my profile and got the same message. Thinking that it might some misbehaving HTML code, I copied the text to a file and cleared the text box for the profile. Saving the empty text box succeeded.

Then I started to input some new text without any HTML tags and the error message appeared again:

profile.thumb.png.eb39da37453294cd5a1dce6c474468e7.png

Even entering a single letter is not possible without seeing the error message, so currently a change of the profile is not possible.

I don't know if this is a side effect of a change they did for the geocaching platform, but I think that this is another nail for the coffin, because I have to assume, that Groundspeak will not put any energy and money into fixing that bug.

• Helpful 1
On 3/11/2023 at 9:15 AM, FamilieFrohne said:

I was asked by "YoSam." if there is a problem with changing the profile

Thank You, Erik, for addressing the problem for YoSam. He had contacted me and, since I had never encountered such a problem, I never even tried to address it through a bit of experimentation and instead referred him to you, guessing that you just might be able to "make it right" in one way or another, which you did, however circuitously!!

YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!! 

And Thank You for bringing the problem to the forum, getting Bootron's attention, thereby getting it remedied!!! Again, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!! 

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
On 3/14/2023 at 3:54 PM, bootron said:

This is now fixed. Thanks for reporting the issue. 

bootron

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Bootron!

I guess now we have a TIE! - - - - - You, too, are THE BEST!!!!! 

But then, had you guys not messed up in the first place we wouldn't be here...;)

Naw, 'S OK, you're STILL THE BEST!!!!! :):):)

Keith