GC1BE5

Guest HunterGatherer

Guest HunterGatherer

Due to the difficulty of finding this cache on the side of the mountain i have moved it a few feet to the side and replotted the point. Being on the side of a mountain it's very hard to take more then a couple of steps in each direction... the eTrex requires movement to update the point... so, i only got a 7m accuracy...

the place i moved it to is still pretty well hidden and a dificult climb... it's been suggested that it's easier to attack this one from the top, swing down underneath the cache and come at it from directly below.

Have to say, my calf muscles are aching from climbing from the road up to the cache icon_smile.gif

From the look-out stump at

S36deg52.623 e174deg45.774

go down the hill to the fence... left along the fence 20 m or so. You'll see a piece of fence with a gap between the top and middle wires... go thru the fence here and follow the beaten path (not my work) and you'll come out underneath the cache... the cache should be on your left under a shrub/tree looking thing.

T,J and Magnum the dog.

[This message has been edited by HunterGatherer (edited 20 September 2001).]

quote:
Originally posted by HunterGatherer:

...i have moved it a few feet to the side and replotted the point.

That was a good idea. icon_smile.gif I had a look at the cache page and your 'other' log is too wide and it has stuffed up the page formatting. You may fix that by replacing the url that you mention with a hyperlink with the label 'here'. You could use this:

here

Cheers,

Donovan.

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited 18 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited 18 September 2001).]

Guest HunterGatherer

Let me know when eTrex... I might have to meet you up there so we can check my eTrex accuracy and maybe replot the point using yours.

It was a bit tough when i located this one so i could move it. I waited til i got a solid lock and then visualed my way in. Do you think it's the gradient of the mountain that's messing with the GPS or is it just a badly plotted point?