...restore profile data

Kesj-Sjeng

I had a huge brain fart last night. I accidentally overwrote a big, big chunk of HTML data on my profile page and then uploaded it. Stupid stupid... Went to bed and this morning I discovered my [mistake]... Is there any way to get it back? I guess not. Probably "overwritten is overwritten" and I doubt that Groundspeak keeps any older profile data on storage... I can also not find it any more in any "open tab" in my browsers nor in my clipboard history (I often copy the whole profile HTML data before uploading). My clipboard history was set to OFF at the time, so no older records than just the very last one...

Anybody in the Geek-squad or some Windows-nerd ( ;-) ) who can help me retrieve it, or should I just take my loss??? It would save me from going through almost 7000 caches to find and collect all the needed data that I so thoroughly gathered for the past 13 years and showed on my profile page (other information than GSAK stats and Project-GC!)...

Help would be much appreciated!

Edited by Keystone
potty language edited by moderator
  • Surprised 1
33 minutes ago, arisoft said:

Seems that someone just restored "thousand" images back to the profile page.

:surprise:

It has been a LONG time since I've had to wait for a page to display like that. I had flashbacks to...

Pshhhkkkkkkrrrrkakingkakingkakingtshchchchchchchch cch*ding*ding*ding"

the "good old days" of dial up modems.

A separate Banners tab (or whatever, but under the member's control like the About tab) would allow profiles with lots of banners to load more quickly, and for people to download all those image files only when they want to see the member's banners.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:21 AM, Kesj-Sjeng said:

I had a huge brain fart last night. I accidentally overwrote a big, big chunk of HTML data on my profile page and then uploaded it. Stupid stupid... Went to bed and this morning I discovered my [mistake]... Is there any way to get it back? I guess not. Probably "overwritten is overwritten" and I doubt that Groundspeak keeps any older profile data on storage... I can also not find it any more in any "open tab" in my browsers nor in my clipboard history (I often copy the whole profile HTML data before uploading). My clipboard history was set to OFF at the time, so no older records than just the very last one...

Anybody in the Geek-squad or some Windows-nerd ( ;-) ) who can help me retrieve it, or should I just take my loss??? It would save me from going through almost 7000 caches to find and collect all the needed data that I so thoroughly gathered for the past 13 years and showed on my profile page (other information than GSAK stats and Project-GC!)...

Help would be much appreciated!

Why don't you ask Groundspeak instead of us? It's their system!

Has your profile been around long enough to have been captures on the Internet Wayback machine?   archive.org

On 3/13/2023 at 5:58 PM, TeamRabbitRun said:

Has your profile been around long enough to have been captures on the Internet Wayback machine?   archive.org

It says it was stored once, on December 24, 2022. That would be good enough for me! But when I click the link, it tries to go the (backup) profile page, but I get a logon screen for geocaching.com, although I am already logged in. Every time I put in my alias and password, it goes back to that logon page... Any idea how to work around this "loop"???

Come to think of it... Since you need to be logged on to geocaching.com to see anybody's profile page, how could archive.org make a copy of any profile page? I guess they won't have stored more than the logon page to begin with... 

ArchiveOrg_GeocachingLogOn.jpg

Edited by Kesj-Sjeng