Cheap NZMapped Software

BigNick

Well, it certainly appears to be a co-founding director of the manufacturer of that software doesn't it. Well spotted Sherlock.

A point to be aware of, Polymedia recently released an update set of CD's. Apparently the quality of images on the update set was very poor and people were better off sticking with the old set. Heard it in a lot of places, be careful, this may be the new set with the poor quality images.

Wow, I have just had a look at the updates for TUMONZ - I have not checked since I downloaded 1.2... the route planning looks good, as does the corrected Gamin/Magellan upload/download. TUMONZ certainly has matured since the first release. Do they yet support opening a text file containing waypoints?

I will have to dig out my CD, dust off my PC and reinstall and have a play. (If only they would write a Mac version icon_frown.gif)

Cheers

Nick.

quote:
Originally posted by BigNick:

Do they yet support opening a text file containing waypoints?

And the answer is.... no icon_frown.gif

How the hell do get caches into the program without uploading to your GPS, then down to Tumonz - loosing all the names in the process. When I first purchased Tumonz I talked to the developer and they said it was on the todo list. You would think it would be easier to do this than implement the 3D feature icon_wink.gif Oh well, next release maybe (or I could look at reverse engineering the binary file that they store the waypoints in... icon_rolleyes.gif)

Cheers

Nick.

quote:

quote:

Do they yet support opening a text file containing waypoints?

And the answer is.... no icon_frown.gif

Nick.

Exactly the problem I have with Tumonz altough they have finally made it compatible with our Map76S.

I still use the Polymedia DVD - I get the Pocket Query to send a search for Caches we havn't found twice a week. Delete all caches from the GPS then upload the new search to the GPS with EasyGPS then download to Polymedia so that I can print a map for the more obscure caches. Well, any cache really as I am not into driving around trying to find the right road. icon_cool.gif

html test - gif stolen from the rubber toe for test purposes.

geobanana.gif

quote:
Originally posted by brentc:

I still use the Polymedia DVD - I get the Pocket Query to send a search for Caches we havn't found twice a week. Delete all caches from the GPS then upload the new search to the GPS with EasyGPS then download to Polymedia

I have added support for TopoMapPro into GPSBabel (you will need to build from the CVS tree) so you can convert the .loc file from geocaching.com into a places file - maintaining the full cache name and URL link. I have also emailed Vision Software about TUMONZ so we will see if I get a response from them about loading waypoint files.

If someone has some examples of the waypoint files used in Polymedias NZMapped (or specifications), I can look at adding support for that into GPSBabel.

Cheers

Nick.