Cache items

Guest M

This is being discussed in the general forum (which seems to be mainly Americans), so I'm wondering what the take over here is.

As a real newbie, I'd rather get it right, rather than peeve some of you more experienced geocachers off.

We've been leaving things which do have a meaning to us, but not really worth anything monetarily. We're busy trying to organise our first cache, but after finding a few bits & pieces, worked out it's a lot harder than we thought (some of the $10+ items look like they should be $1- lol).

H&M (M's the talkative one who's still on holiday)

Don't get me wrong, for me it's definitely the hunt that's the fun part. It's also fun trying to work out where to place our first cache - which one place would everyone enjoying going to and possibly never been before.

I'm definitely not wanting to make it like the Americans where $$$ is the almighty.

We've had fun finding the caches we have & have a few more lined up that we want to do, time permitting.

M

Guest tgsnoopy

I agree, the hunt is more important! I like to try and take a small inexpensive trophy from caches I find if practical. What it is, isn't important nor is it's value. A lot of the time I might add something, or more than one thing, and not take anything. Most of my cache items are only worth a couple of dollars, I think the most expensive thing I left was worth about $18.00

It's quite good for me down here now, I have two other active geocachers nearby, so I am getting to enjoy chasing their caches, and no doubt they are enjoying chasing mine. I will be concentrating on putting some trophies into the next generation of caches I plant, not sure how I'll do that, or what I'll use, ideas appreciated. I still have two caches from my first batch I made to plant (I made 15, and have planted 13 so far, I think 8 have been found).