FTF record

I was looking over my finds in Project -GC and noticed under FTF there were I think 51 FTF listed. I know I had more then realized that lately I logged the caches as FTF, not {FTF}which seems to trigger the count.

Is there anyway other than going to search and change filters to "ALL" and under the proper place select MY CACHES, to get a ,list of aches I found? It gives me a list of 1503 found caches, some I had marked {FTF} as I should, some not, and many, many not FTF of course.

Of the first of 30 1/2 pages of caches found I had 50 caches listed and 14 of them were FTF; of course there are listed in increasing distance frorm my house so that is fair, I would image it will drop drastically if I continue.

Just be nice to mark all FTF as such. If not, I will still go caching.

And I do not keep a physical log of  caches with notes, I think some do.

• Funny 1
3 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

Thank you, but those are the settings I referred to. I have no idea how to add a cache. Nothing will paste into the boxes for example.

You wouldn't add an individual cache that way.

Step 1: Create a bookmark list on Geocaching.com, marked as "Public."

Step 2: On Geocaching.com, add all your FTF caches to that bookmark list (including locked caches, which can be added to a personal List).

Step 3: Go to the Project-GC settings page.  Under Site Settings, locate "FTF bookmark list."

Step 4: In the box on the left side of the screen ("Available Lists") you will see a list of all your public bookmark lists.  Find the name of your FTF bookmark list and click on it.

Step 5: Confirm that the selected List moved over to the box on the right side of the screen, labelled "FTF Lists."

Step 6: Click on the "Update Settings" button further down the Settings screen.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2
1 hour ago, Keystone said:

You wouldn't add an individual cache that way.

Step 1: Create a bookmark list on Geocaching.com, marked as "Public."

Step 2: On Geocaching.com, add all your FTF caches to that bookmark list (including locked caches, which can be added to a personal List).

Step 3: Go to the Project-GC settings page.  Under Site Settings, locate "FTF bookmark list."

Step 4: In the box on the left side of the screen ("Available Lists") you will see a list of all your public bookmark lists.  Find the name of your FTF bookmark list and click on it.

Step 5: Confirm that the selected List moved over to the box on the right side of the screen, labelled "FTF Lists."

Step 6: Click on the "Update Settings" button further down the Settings screen.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, TheLimeCat said:

Project-gc has a tool that checks for Forgotten FTFs by filtering caches that you were among the first to log, but didn't mark as FTF.

That's a cool tool. I don't keep a record of my FTFs, but it was nice to look back on those it found, including actual FTFs, joint FTFs and those where I'd arrived to find an impromptu mini-event happening at GZ. Sadly the latter is now mostly a distant memory as FTF races around here are measured in days or weeks, not minutes, so the chances of bumping into another cacher at a new cache are slim.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Jayeffel said:

Is there anyway other than going to search and change filters to "ALL" and under the proper place select MY CACHES, to get a ,list of aches I found? It gives me a list of 1503 found caches, some I had marked {FTF} as I should, some not, and many, many not FTF of course.

This comes a little late, but MyFinds pocket query contains everything you have logged and finding  "FTF" text is just matter of using text search on notepad.

5 hours ago, arisoft said:

This comes a little late, but MyFinds pocket query contains everything you have logged and finding  "FTF" text is just matter of using text search on notepad.

The above link gives exactly what I was looking for; it even tell you if your log was first, second , third etc., so you can narrow it  down further. I found a few caches so far on that list that  I had not entered any indication of FTF. 

• Funny 1
On 3/8/2023 at 5:39 PM, TheLimeCat said:

Project-gc has a tool that checks for Forgotten FTFs by filtering caches that you were among the first to log, but didn't mark as FTF.

I'd forgotten about this forgotten FTF tool. :anibad:

It was fun revisiting all those logs. (It's also good to see I stopped taking the FTF game so seriously after my first few failed attempts.)