Unsubscribing from Newsletters

TriciaG

Here is the page that comes up when I click "unsubscribe" on the weekly email ("The Logbook"). I'm confused. [EDIT to add: The filled in dots are radio buttons, where I can only select one or the other; the open dots are check boxes, where I can select more than one option. This doesn't come through on the copy/paste.] Do I use the top radio button, then check the items I WANT? It says "unsubscribe me..." but then lists items saying "send me".

e.g. I'm OK for receiving an email when someone mentions me in a log. Do I check that to KEEP it?

I just want to unsubscribe from the weekly newsletter!

Unsubscribe from Geocaching HQ Emails

Email Address: ****@****.***

• Unsubscribe me from the following Geocaching HQ emails:
    • Send me a notification when someone mentions me in a log.
    • Send me occasional tips, tricks, geocaching videos and other emails.
    • Send me a weekly digest of the latest hides and events in my area.
    • Send me notifications of activity in the message center.
    • Send me notifications of activity for every message I receive from the message center.
  • Unsubscribe me from all Geocaching HQ emails.

Note: you will still receive transactional and account-related emails. To unsubscribe from Shop Geocaching and Geocaching Official Blog emails please click the unsubscribe link within the email.

Edited by TriciaG
11 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

Here is the page that comes up when I click "unsubscribe" on the weekly email ("The Logbook"). I'm confused. [EDIT to add: The filled in dots are radio buttons, where I can only select one or the other; the open dots are check boxes, where I can select more than one option. This doesn't come through on the copy/paste.] Do I use the top radio button, then check the items I WANT? It says "unsubscribe me..." but then lists items saying "send me".

e.g. I'm OK for receiving an email when someone mentions me in a log. Do I check that to KEEP it?

I just want to unsubscribe from the weekly newsletter!

Unsubscribe from Geocaching HQ Emails

Email Address: ****@****.***

• Unsubscribe me from the following Geocaching HQ emails:
    • Send me a notification when someone mentions me in a log.
    • Send me occasional tips, tricks, geocaching videos and other emails.
    • Send me a weekly digest of the latest hides and events in my area.
    • Send me notifications of activity in the message center.
    • Send me notifications of activity for every message I receive from the message center.
  • Unsubscribe me from all Geocaching HQ emails.

Note: you will still receive transactional and account-related emails. To unsubscribe from Shop Geocaching and Geocaching Official Blog emails please click the unsubscribe link within the email.

You are unsubscribing to the "send me a notification when someone mentions me in a log".

You do not check it if you want to keep that feature.

That's how I understand it.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Suhina said:

I live in Finland. There is not anything to choose, why?871706792_2023-04-18220329.thumb.jpg.cb5d10f657f60c50739de496749c7fbe.jpg 

Hi there,

It looks like you encountered a bug. Thank you for reporting; our engineers are currently looking for a solution. In the meantime, our support team is happy to assist with any requests related to your email preferences: contact@geocaching.com