Deleting uploaded cartridge

Cyclops

I believe you're confusing a cartridge listing with versions.  If I upload "My Fun Cartridge", that's a listing along with its first version.  If I want to make an edit to the cartridge after that, I go to the listing and click on a link to upload a new version of the cartridge.  You don't create an entirely new listing.  Since you're not creating a new listing, nothing needs to be deleted.

(And while it's true you can't delete a cartridge listing, you can still edit the listing an uncheck the box to show the listing in the directory, which effectively hides it to all but those with a direct URL to the listing.)

I do not want to delete a listing.  Just an older cartridge version.  I have tried in the past to download a cartridge (to play) and have had up to three selections of cartridges to download.  I was confused as to why I would have three versions to select from.  I do see the "Upload GWZ File".  And a spot to put a revision note.  I'll try that when the time comes.

I do not want to delete a listing.  Just an older cartridge version. 

You can only replace 'old' version of your cartridge with the newest. You can't delete it completely.

On 3/6/2023 at 5:11 AM, Cyclops said:

I have tried in the past to download a cartridge (to play) and have had up to three selections of cartridges to download.  I was confused as to why I would have three versions to select from.

If you want play Wherigo on mobile device you need download a Pocket PC Device version.  Compilation of .gwc file is different for each Garmin device and Pocet PC Device (mobile)

I do see the "Upload GWZ File".  And a spot to put a revision note.  I'll try that when the time comes.

Reading this thread it seems I can't delete a cartridge from Wherigo.com / My Home / Cartridges You've Created ?  I initially inadvertently uploaded a cartridge with the incorrect name, but can't find a way to delete it. I also have the one with the proper name uploaded okay, but I need to eliminate the wrong cartridge.  Obviously nobody else can see it, but it's bugging me!

11 hours ago, Team Hippo said:

Reading this thread it seems I can't delete a cartridge from Wherigo.com / My Home / Cartridges You've Created ?  I initially inadvertently uploaded a cartridge with the incorrect name, but can't find a way to delete it. I also have the one with the proper name uploaded okay, but I need to eliminate the wrong cartridge.  Obviously nobody else can see it, but it's bugging me!

That's one of the most requested features since the start.

When you create another cartridge, instead of uploading it as a new listing, you could reuse the deleted listing, reusing it for the new cartridge.  That way, you won't have a cartridge listing you can't remove anymore.