Cannot create a new route

GeePa

When I go to User Routes and select the Create New Route tab and type in a name and click on Create Route I get an Error 500 which directs me to Twitter, but I am not a Twitter user and the page doesn't seem to have anything to do with support issues so I came here.

I am also having an issue after another cacher asked on a social media site if system was down. I'm in the process of creating a few route queries (the 500 mile limit sucks) for an upcoming trip in a few weeks.

I'm using Windows 10, V21H2 and use Chrome Version 110.0.5481.178 (Official Build) (64-bit) for my browser. 

Posting at the recommendation of the Error message page. 

• Upvote 1

@NanCycle in order for us to help you we'll need to be able to follow your process in an effort to reproduce the issues you're experiencing.

The screenshot of the error tells us just as much as it tells you ;) 

It'd be great if you could provide step-by-step instructions on:

• what information you're entering where
  • what buttons you're clicking
  • in what order you're clicking them

Further, it'd be very helpful to know what kind of machine, operating system, and web browser you're using to do all that.

Only then will we be able to follow you and help you. Thanks so much.

Edited by Bl4ckH4wkGER
1 minute ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

@NanCycle in order for us to help you we'll need to be able to follow your process in an effort to reproduce the issues you're experiencing.

The screenshot of the error tells us just as much as it tells you ;) 

It'd be great if you could provide step-by-step instructions on:

• what information you're entering where
  • what buttons you're clicking
  • in what order you're clicking them

Further, it'd be very helpful to know what kind of machine, operating system, and web browser you're using to do all that.

Only then will we be able to follow you and help you. Thanks so much.

OK but I won't have time to do that until Friday

Using Mac mini

Chip Apple M1

Mac OS Ventura 3.2.1

Safari

Tried in Chrome also - same results

OK click on:

Play

Pocket Queries

Find Caches Along a Route

Create New Route

Enter Route Name

I''ve used various names,makes no difference, using "SF to SR" here

Create Route

From Santa Fe, NM

to Santa Rosa, NM

Search

Save Changes

Create Pocket Query of Route. (Up to this point everything looks good)

Submit information

(Here's where I get the error message -- doesn't matter what parameters I use--keep defaults or change things)

47 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

Using Mac mini

Chip Apple M1

Mac OS Ventura 3.2.1

Safari

Tried in Chrome also - same results

OK click on:

Play

Pocket Queries

Find Caches Along a Route

Create New Route

Enter Route Name

I''ve used various names,makes no difference, using "SF to SR" here

Create Route

From Santa Fe, NM

to Santa Rosa, NM

Search

Save Changes

Create Pocket Query of Route. (Up to this point everything looks good)

Submit information

(Here's where I get the error message -- doesn't matter what parameters I use--keep defaults or change things)

Thank you for that. After reviewing your path and your account, it appears that both your emails had become unvalidated - that can happen if emails we send to you bounce repeatedly.

If you try to create a PQ without an email it can be send to, that won't work and the server will throw an error. You may have seen that the email field remained empty, you couldn't select an email, and were asked to add an email to your account:

image.png.957cf04710aae90c2f872266ebd8f7b5.png

I've now validated both your emails again. Please try again and see whether the issues persist for you.

If this resolves your issue, please make sure your emails are valid for all features that rely on a functional email to work properly going forward :) We'll also look into better error handling around this to provide better feedback.

Edited by Bl4ckH4wkGER
  • Helpful 1
5 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

Thank you for that. After reviewing your path and your account, it appears that both your emails had become unvalidated - that can happen if emails we send to you bounce repeatedly.

That's very interesting.  My unvalidated email has been bringing me messages every day about my caches, my trackables, both caches and trackable on watch lists, etc.  So how was I supposed to know they "had become unvalidated"?

• Surprised 1