Push notifications for Finds (or DNFs) on your Hides

On 3/4/2023 at 12:25 PM, The_Schnitzels said:

When someone finds one of my caches, it sends me an email, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get corresponding Push notifications on the phone app.

I’m surprised this is not a feature! Any way to enable that? Or should it be listed as a feature suggestion?

I hope it never becomes a feature, or at least they provide a way to turn it off while leaving Message Centre notifications on. I don't need to know instantly when I'm out and about that someone has logged one of my caches, I'd much rather leave that until I'm at home in front of the computer going through my emails. I usually open the cache page when I get a log to see what photos they've posted too.

• Upvote 1
On 3/3/2023 at 5:25 PM, The_Schnitzels said:

Hi,

When someone finds one of my

caches, it sends me an email, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get corresponding Push notifications on the phone app.

I’m surprised this is not a feature! Any way to enable that? Or should it be listed as a feature suggestion?

Cheers

Just a couple of thoughts on this - the app is primarily (I think) for geocaching - finding caches.  It is NOT a cache owner tool.  You need the website to do most everything connected with creating and maintaining a geocache, so it makes sense to me that notifications to cache owners regarding finds and logs on their owned caches are not a part of the app.

Because I do own a few caches, I do get the email notifications when they are logged, and I also get those email notifications on my phone, which works just as well as an app notification would (IMO).  I don't need the app to notify me as well.

• Upvote 5
  • Helpful 1
On 3/4/2023 at 11:19 PM, barefootjeff said:

I hope it never becomes a feature, or at least they provide a way to turn it off

If people really want this as a feature, I'll not stand in the way. But, should it be added, I'd also want the ability to turn it off.

I already get the emails, and I don't need two different apps telling me the same thing.

• Upvote 4