Happy Easter mission

Laval K-9

Thank you for hosting the Easter Mission again this year, Claire :wub:

Sent my info to Laval K-9:   MARCH 5, 2023
Name received from Laval K-9: MARCH 9, 2023
Sent my gift:
My gift arrived at destination:
I received a gift:

HINTS FOR MY MISSION PARTNER: The top 2 on my wish list are the Signal shaped Maze Coin with MWGB on the ammo can and a GC trackable North Dakota coin. My favorites are Skulls, astronomy/astrology. new age, alien, Celtic, Egyptian, OWL, Hedgehog, horse, dog, dragons, cars, motorcycles, colorful/glow. 

And, FTF Magazine Volume 1 Issue 1---I can still hope!!!
I enjoy surprises, too, and would be happy with any Coins I may receive for Missions!!! 
  • Helpful 1

QQNonRev - Ray

Sent my info to Laval K-9: Mar. 2, 2023
Name received from Laval K-9: Mar. 9, 2023
Sent my gift:
I received a gift:

QQNonRev - Melissa

Sent my gift:
I received a gift:

• Helpful 1

Sent my info to Laval K-9:            3/ 7/2023
Name received from Laval K-9:   3/ 9/2023
Sent my gift:
I received a gift:

Thanks for all your work in this Claire. I see good things for this year's Easter Mission - everything's coming up carrots! Keep 'em smiling!

[static] ... We have received your message, Mission Leader [whoooOOoEEERRrrrrooo] ... Calling on Shortwave Radio ... [static] will do our best to ... keep those 'Cachers smiling  [static] ... Over and [szzzasshhhhhhhhhwEEerrrrooOO] ... Out ...

Vintage Easter 2023-03-10 7.jpg

Edited by Jimrky
Old, arthritic hands insist on creating new words
  • Funny 2
  • Helpful 1

Pingo Mar

Sent my info to Laval K-9: 4 March 2023
Name received from Laval K-9: 10 March 2023
Sent my gift:
I received a gift:

Pingo Rob

Sent my info to Laval K-9: 4 March 2023
Name received from Laval K-9: 10 March 2023
Sent my gift:
I received a gift:

• Helpful 1

QQNonRev - Ray

Sent my gift: Mar. 10, 2023 - Was told with new intl shipping rules (even marked as gift of tokens, value $10) receiver may get dinged for fees on their end.
I received a gift:

QQNonRev - Melissa

Sent my gift: Mar. 10, 2023
I received a gift:

• Helpful 1
10 minutes ago, qqnonrev said:

QQNonRev - Ray

Sent my gift: Mar. 10, 2023 - Was told with new intl shipping rules (even marked as gift of tokens, value $10) receiver may get dinged for fees on their end.
I received a gift:

QQNonRev - Melissa

Sent my gift: Mar. 10, 2023
I received a gift:

What the heck is going on with the post office? They mess up waaay too often and want more $$$ to do it??? If we did our jobs like that, we'd be fired!!!

• Helpful 1

I think it is absolutely outrageous that the Recipient should be made to pay fees, taxes or whatever term the post office/shippers/customs use--- On A Gift, no matter the value of the Gift.  Taxes were paid when the gift was purchased, shipping was paid for. And, how many issues have we had with our Missions not even making it to the recipient? Some were returned to sender and sender was expected to Pay Again to resend!!!

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, Getzie family said:
On one of the last missions I had to pay more tax than the entire mission was worth

That is what I am afraid of on their end.

4 hours ago, pingos said:

There is no problem when you sent it as a GIFT with a low value

That is what I always thought which is why I keep the marked value at 10 or less.

11 minutes ago, GeoCharmer81 said:

I think it is absolutely outrageous that the Recipient should be made to pay fees, taxes or whatever term the post office/shippers/customs use--- On A Gift, no matter the value of the Gift.  Taxes were paid when the gift was purchased, shipping was paid for. And, how many issues have we had with our Missions not even making it to the recipient? Some were returned to sender and sender was expected to Pay Again to resend!!!

Yea, they told me that too.  If the receiver didn't pay any fees it would come back to me (eventually I am sure) and they wouldn't refund the shipping.

• Helpful 2
3 minutes ago, qqnonrev said:

That is what I am afraid of on their end.

That is what I always thought which is why I keep the marked value at 10 or less.

Yea, they told me that too.  If the receiver didn't pay any fees it would come back to me (eventually I am sure) and they wouldn't refund the shipping.

The 'bad' thing about stating a value of 10 is that, if a package went missing and the sender had insurance on the package and proof, all package insurance would cover is that amount.

Sadly, it makes me re-think hosting future Missions. 

• Helpful 1
7 hours ago, GeoCharmer81 said:

The 'bad' thing about stating a value of 10 is that, if a package went missing and the sender had insurance on the package and proof, all package insurance would cover is that amount.

Let's wait to see how things will go for this one B)

• Love 3

On 3/11/2023 at 12:12 PM, GeoCharmer81 said:

On 3/11/2023 at 7:38 PM, Laval K-9 said:

Let's wait to see how things will go for this one B)

Speaking only for myself, I wouldn't mind paying Customs Duty. We do this for the fun of it, and if that's part of the activity, then so it is.

• Helpful 1

Pingo Mar 

Sent my info to Laval K-9: 4 March 2023 
Name received from Laval K-910 March 2023
Sent my gift: 13 March 2023 
I received a gift:

Emoji feiern -Fotos und -Bildmaterial in hoher Auflösung – Alamy

Pingo Rob 

Sent my info to Laval K-94 March 2023
Name received from Laval K-9: 10 March 2023
Sent my gift: 13 March 2023
I received a gift:

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1

Sent my info to Laval K-9:            3/ 7/2023
Name received from Laval K-9:   3/ 9/2023
Sent my gift:                                   3/13/2023
I received a gift:

Continuing on my previous comment, some additional time to send might be nice: My package cost $58 to ship Priority Mail (so it will get there in time, hopefully). First Class would have been $40.

CAUTION: USPS was required to read out a long statement that said that the recipient may be required by their country to pay an additional $21 OR MORE which cannot be paid by me in advance. More if the package is inspected and the country's Customs deem the value stated to be insufficient.

The above are not "complaints", just a wish and statements of fact. It's getting expensive to send things between countries and we might want to start earlier to send by cheaper means - especially if we're paying Customs Fees on receipt as well. Or possibly just exchange within countries? That would be a lot of work for one Host for the Mission, though. (Might be worth some discussion at large.)

Vintage Easter 2023-03-10 4.jpg

• Helpful 1

Sent my info 3-1-23
Name received 3-9-23
Sent my gift:

Received my gift 3-13-23   WOW my package arrived already with Easter fun and the most beautiful butterfly coin.  Thank you for your quick send and special surprises.  NO WAY was I waiting till Easter.  image.jpeg.2b7ebdbad71072c05e9b3a54a797ecd4.jpeg

• Helpful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, jenniferw2011 said:

Sent my info 3-1-23
Name received 3-9-23
Sent my gift:

Received my gift 3-13-23   WOW my package arrived already with Easter fun and the most beautiful butterfly coin.  Thank you for your quick send and special surprises.  NO WAY was I waiting till Easter.  image.jpeg.2b7ebdbad71072c05e9b3a54a797ecd4.jpeg

That was fast!!!! :D