Attributes now on the Search Page

The Snowdog

2 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

I would like to see altitude too. From memory, caches used to show this.

I'm not aware of altitude being shown on geocaching.com, at least in the decade I've been playing, but Project GC calculates it from mapping data using the listed coordinates. That's generally okay for traditionals, unless they're right on the edge (or bottom) of a cliff, but for mysteries and multis it's not terribly useful unless the terrain is flat. One of my multis starts at Koolewong railway station at a height of 5 metres but the final is atop the cliffs above Wondabyne station at 130 metres.

Edited by barefootjeff
8 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

From my memory, elevation hasn't been shown on cache pages since we started in 2007.

But you're not the only person to say that lately. As I posted in this thread, wearing my other hat, perhaps this was a script? I've never used scripts on the site, so I don't know whether any added elevation data.

10 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

There are browser scripts, both from the community and from HQ API partners, that show this on cache details. It's never been part of the native website. That doesn't mean that couldn't change when we redo the cache details page the next time though.