Keyword search of all my past logs

Pork King

Title says it.  I want to search all of my previous geocache "found it" logs for specific keywords.  can it be done?

Basically, I found a special item in a cache many years ago, and I'm sure i mentioned it in the logs, but i don't remember the day, the cache, or even the area i was in.  I'd like to try and find the log.

30 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Do you use GSAK?  This search of your "found it" logs is easy if you download your "My Finds" pocket query into a GSAK database.  See example below.

image.thumb.png.c050628a74e489cf40eefd8ea1721bc9.png

I did just bust out my old windows laptop and booted up GSAK, which i haven't used in 100 years.  I figured it might have a feature like that.  I'll have to give that a try.  

One question: if the word I'm looking for is commonly found within other words (as an example, I woudn't want searching for 'ing' to return every word with 'ing'), does gsak allow "quotes" to isolate just the word or series of letters im looking for?

3 hours ago, Pork King said:

I woudn't want searching for 'ing' to return every word with 'ing'), does gsak allow "quotes" to isolate just the word or series of letters im looking for?

Then use a regex search instead. \b is a regex tag for word boundary

9230d4cdb6e563f54c45f7d259583eed.png

Result:

884519ce35ddd552ad9d783ad5a5e2ce.png

Edited by HHL
  • Helpful 2