Friends List issue

two bison

Can I add something please? My friends list used to sort automatically with the newest on top. That was useful since the older friends are all where I used to live but don't now. However, it's now sorting with oldest on top. And then I checked it by find count and by username and "OOPS" says Groundspeak: none of the sorts work and the whole list disappears when I choose last visited. So basically the whole thing is broken, the list shows but ONLY in order of oldest on top to newest on bottom. 

16 hours ago, CCFwasG said:

none of the sorts work and the whole list disappears when I choose last visited. So basically the whole thing is broken, the list shows but ONLY in order of oldest on top to newest on bottom. 

This is exactly what I am seeing.  Maybe it's being worked on right now (though it's a weekend....)

On 2/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Thank you to all for reporting this issue. I will pass this info along to our engineers so they can begin looking for a solution. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

At least the other options show a list of friends. The option I was asking about doesn't even do that. 

And, this reply sounded so hopeful. Now, not so much. 

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
On 2/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Thank you to all for reporting this issue. I will pass this info along to our engineers so they can begin looking for a solution. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Simply removing the option to sort by last visited is not even close to being a solution.

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, two bison said:

Simply removing the option to sort by last visited is not even close to being a solution.

Unfortunately, it is. The initial issue was caused by recent privacy requirements that allowed users to hide their last visit date. This in turn broke this aspect of the friends feature. The only real option we had short of an entire overhaul of the feature was to remove the option to sort by last visit date.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

Unfortunately, it is. The initial issue was caused by recent privacy requirements that allowed users to hide their last visit date. This in turn broke this aspect of the friends feature. The only real option we had short of an entire overhaul of the feature was to remove the option to sort by last visit date.

:sad:

On 3/10/2023 at 8:10 AM, Moun10Bike said:

Yes, that is unfortunate. Thank you for letting us know the cause of the issue. 

• Upvote 1