Not allowing milestones to be displayed

Cyclops

I noticed this the other day.  When I tried to look at my "Milestones" on my "Statistics" page, get the following message;

"Cyclops is not allowing milestones to be displayed on his/her public profile."

Right above that message I see a line that says "public_icon.svgEveryone can see your Statistics.  View settings ".  When I click that link, it takes me to my "User Privacy" page. I can not find a setting for my Milestones.  Plus every option to allow anything to be display is set to public.

How can I enable my Milestones to be displayed.

Thanks

In the same box, there's a "show more" link that will allow you to fine-tune what particular elements are displayed or not. Once you click that link, the module will expand to the screenshot below.

These have been around much longer than the more recent addition that you identified. The latter privacy settings you found are more of an all-or-nothing.

image.png.540dcf0aa3811924f80a9e68ee1ca8ab.png

Edited by Bl4ckH4wkGER
  • Helpful 1
On 2/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, Team Canary said:

This is in need of an overhaul.

10,000 to 20,000 for me is around 7 years!?!

Yeah, it took us 13 years to get to 10,000 finds, and in the 32 months since then, we've only gotten to 12,326. We're not exactly on the fast track.

I wouldn't mind being able to show milestones between 10,000 and 20,000 in the native stats shown on geocaching.com.

But unless or until that happens, we all have the ability to display custom stats on our profile page, whether they're generated by GSAK (like mine), project-gc.com, or some other means. So I'd be ok in programming resources being prioritized elsewhere.

• Helpful 1