Online logging order

Cyclops

I noticed a problem when I logged my cache finds the other day.  I was at 16,999 finds and I logged a cache as my 17,000th.

How I cached/logged that day is that I started out find caches saving a draft for each find or DNF.  Then I found two Adventure Labs and a couple more caches.

Later that day I started to change those drafts into actual logs.  After I finished, I notice that I had 16,999 finds and that I forgot to save a draft for one cache.

I logged that cache as my 17,000th.  When I checked the "Milestones" (on PGC as GC.com say my milestones are set to not be displayed, which is another issue), it says the 5th stage of an Adventure Lab was my 17,000th.  I'm confused.

• Funny 1

Adventure Lab stages are counted as a find immediately, upping your count.  If you cache like I do, and do drafts, it can mess up your numbers.  I number my finds, and if we do lab stages in between, I need to keep track of the order to keep MY numbers straight.

You can edit the milestone cache to be whatever you want it to be (in your case, your actual 17000) and lock it in.  On your profile, under the Action column, click the pencil icon and you'll be able to choose the actual cache you want to show as your miletone cache.  Then lock it in!

Congrats on 17,000!  That's awesome!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

Adventure Lab stages are counted as a find immediately, upping your count.  If you cache like I do, and do drafts, it can mess up your numbers.  I number my finds, and if we do lab stages in between, I need to keep track of the order to keep MY numbers straight.

You can edit the milestone cache to be whatever you want it to be (in your case, your actual 17000) and lock it in.  On your profile, under the Action column, click the pencil icon and you'll be able to choose the actual cache you want to show as your miletone cache.  Then lock it in!

Congrats on 17,000!  That's awesome!

I figured that Adventure Labs were logged immediately.  The ALs I did that day were all found before I changed the drafts into actual logs.  So I would think that there's no way one would end up as the milestone.  Unless the drafts are actually time stamped for the order of being found and not when you make them an actual log.

Set a different cache for this milestone won't work as my last one shown is for 10,000.  I think the next one is 20,000.

Thanks

11 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

I don't see an Action column on my profile page.  The columns I see are About, Geocaches, Trackables, Souvenirs, Gallery, Lists, and Statistics.  Is the Action column for premium members only, or am I looking in the wrong place?

10 hours ago, Nylimb said:

I don't see an Action column on my profile page.  The columns I see are About, Geocaches, Trackables, Souvenirs, Gallery, Lists, and Statistics.

Go to the Statistics tab, then there are three categories: Basic, Maps, and Milestones.  Click Milestones and you'll see it. I thnk - I am premium and I don't know if basic members can see and/or adjust milestones.

22 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

You can edit the milestone cache to be whatever you want it to be (in your case, your actual 17000) and lock it in.

Milestones listed on Geocaching.com are 10k, and then 20k.

Project-GC does not let you "lock in" milestones.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
On 2/17/2023 at 8:11 AM, CAVinoGal said:

Go to the Statistics tab, then there are three categories: Basic, Maps, and Milestones.  Click Milestones and you'll see it. I thnk - I am premium and I don't know if basic members can see and/or adjust milestones.

Thanks.  It appears to be a PM feature; I can't see my own statistics, or control anything about them.