Do you get FPs for LabCache finds? [solved]

kopfsalat2000

To my knowledge you don't get FPs for finding AdventureLabs. However, I suddenly have a lot more unassigned FPs to spend. The number of those additional FPs as well as the total number of FPs suggest that my LabCache finds have been taken into account. Does anyone know something about that? I'm not complaining... ;-)

Edited by kopfsalat2000
solved
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, kopfsalat2000 said:

To my knowledge you don't get FPs for finding AdventureLabs. However, I suddenly have a lot more unassigned FPs to spend. The number of those additional FPs as well as the total number of FPs suggest that my LabCache finds have been taken into account. Does anyone know something about that? I'm not complaining... ;-)

I have 1713 Finds, with a total of 175 FPs.  I obviously don't understand the math, but I though it was a ratio of 1:10 Favorite Points vs. Finds.  At most, it's just a discrepancy of 4 FPs.  It doesn't bother me, but it looks odd now that the subject was brought up.

I've been carefully rationing out my FPs for years, trying to decide which cool cache to place that last remaining FP on, and running out of FPs.  But yeah, lately I have a bunch more than there are caches to set a Favorite on.  That's great, because cool cache hiders are not short-changed.  :anicute:

I was right. Read the blog post for more information including additional points!

Starting today, all players can see highly Favorited caches at a glance in the Geocaching® app. With this feature on, the community’s most exciting and innovative caches are highlighted by their Favorite point total above their cache icon on the map. To commemorate the occasion, we’re awarding Premium members with 10 Favorite points to give away.

Love is in the air

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1

Furthermore, to recognize that there wouldn’t be caches to find and give Favorite points to without our community’s ingenious hiders, all Premium members who own a cache themselves, will receive 20 extra Favorite points, as a small token of our eternal gratitude for making the game we love possible! For the purposes of this giveaway, we define owning a geocache as at least one published and active geocache, excluding Adventure Labs and Events.

• Upvote 4

Nice.... I got my 10 extra points, this is handy, as my FP balance has been falling lately, I try and keep 20 in the kitty so I can give them out whenever needed, but it had dropped to 15 over the past month. I didn't get the 20 that the blog would suggest I should have though?

33 minutes ago, lee737 said:

Nice.... I got my 10 extra points, this is handy, as my FP balance has been falling lately, I try and keep 20 in the kitty so I can give them out whenever needed, but it had dropped to 15 over the past month. I didn't get the 20 that the blog would suggest I should have though?

I only got 10 as well, and thought cache owners got 20? I may not be reading it correct

3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Furthermore, to recognize that there wouldn’t be caches to find and give Favorite points to without our community’s ingenious hiders, all Premium members who own a cache themselves, will receive 20 extra Favorite points, as a small token of our eternal gratitude for making the game we love possible! For the purposes of this giveaway, we define owning a geocache as at least one published and active geocache, excluding Adventure Labs and Events.

Here’s the part that was sent out re: 20 extra

On 2/14/2023 at 2:42 PM, lee737 said:

I received 5 gift FPs yesterday, I think (hadn't noticed til this thread).  Now I have 10 extra FPs.  1713 Finds, and 185 FPs (up 5 from yesterday! :P).

According to the links above, they will be increasing until the 20 FPs are granted.  So check later, and see what happens.

On 2/14/2023 at 4:51 AM, kopfsalat2000 said:

On 2/14/2023 at 5:33 AM, Hügh said:

If they have decided to make such a change, they’ve forgotten to update the help centre page. 

• One Favorite point for every 10 caches they find. (Adventure Lab finds, duplicate finds, and finds on your owned caches are not included.)

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=7&pgid=287

It appears that my Adventure Lab cache finds ARE counted in my favorite point calculations, and I have an extra 20 now with the additional ones for Valentine's day.  My total find count (which includes 143 lab caches) is 2610.  My total favorite points is showing 263 (of which I still have 90 to award!  Am I stingy or just haven't found that many awesome caches?).

8 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

You sure?

I got my math all twisted up, I think!  2610 finds, add 20 FINDS gives me 2630 FINDS and 263 favorite points that I have - funny how the numbers worked out like that and confused me! 

Take my finds without the labs (2467) and I have 246 points, and add 20 POINTS for this promo and I would have 266, closer to the 263 I actually have showing.  I don't really keep close track of points I have available to award (I guess that's obvious!) since I always have points available when I feel the need to give one out.