Trackable with multiple goals?

granskog123

I will soon be releasing a new travel bug and would like your opinion. I want it to travel to the US and visit the HQ cache and then make its way to San Francisco. 
My question is: should I write both goals in the description (e.g. Goal 1: visit the HQ cache, Goal 2: travel to San Francisco) or should I just update the goal when the first goal is met?

32 minutes ago, granskog123 said:

I will soon be releasing a new travel bug and would like your opinion. I want it to travel to the US and visit the HQ cache and then make its way to San Francisco. 
My question is: should I write both goals in the description (e.g. Goal 1: visit the HQ cache, Goal 2: travel to San Francisco) or should I just update the goal when the first goal is met?

I'm in favor of the second plan. If I pick up the TB, I don't want to have to check the map to see if it met Goal #1.

• Upvote 1

The downside to goals that are somewhat involved is anyone can play.  I'd probably opt for the second if you feel it'll even get that far...

Maybe like Max and 99 I'll move it further to it's goal, but I don't want to get too involved in your thing.  I'm doing mine...

We've seen hoarders created when they believe they're doing their best moving another's property.  A log, "this spring or next I intend to go where this is heading..." is the key, they'll hold on to the trackable for a very long time, and never make it.

Two years later they might put it in the first cache they locate after finding it again in a pack...

24 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm in favor of the second plan. If I pick up the TB, I don't want to have to check the map to see if it met Goal #1.

I've moved trackables that had a tag attached with multiple goals listed. The ones that had already been completed had been marked off with Sharpies, so it was clear what the next goal was.

• Upvote 1

I would put both goals on the trackable page.  And I have a few with multiple goals that are out there.  Just watch them travel, and update the page when one of the goals is met.  I typically mark it as achieved and then switch that goal to BOLD and Strikethrough with the other goal left in regular text.

On 2/9/2023 at 9:38 AM, granskog123 said:

My opinion (since that's what you asked for!) and what I would do if it were MY trackable, would be to put both goals on the trackable page.  I also attach a small, laminated tag with that information so someone can know at a glance if they can help with the goal/goals.  I do that for my own, and sometimes for bugs I pick up and move.

I may not be a typical trackable mover, but I do read the pages, check the map, try to take bugs to different places than where they have been, and move them along nearer the goal.  I find many that don't have specific goals, just travel, or take photos, and I will try to get and include photos of the bugs at different locations too.  My husband and geo-partner is patient as I pull out my bag and "pose" the TB's for a photo shoot while we are on a hike or at an interesting location.  I like to see where the bugs I have picked up have been, and if I can take it to new locations on the map, especially if I know I will be traveling out of state.