West Los Angeles acorn geo cache hiding art project aiming for end of April 2023, need help.

barkingowls

Hi friends,

I’m an artist who is creating 60 acorns of various sizes, made of recycled paper clay, for an outdoor exhibition in West Hollywood. The plan is to hang them under a ficus tree for 2 weeks, then I’m planning to hide them all around town as geo caches for people to either take or leave.

I’m very new to this app, and also 60 is a lot to hide. 
I’m hoping to reach out to the community to see if anyone is willing and interested in helping me navigate this part of my art project.

you can visit my website to check out my work. Www.SophiaLeeArt.com, or geocache ID & IG handle is @barkingowls

The installation reception will be on April 29th, 2023, for 2 weeks.

any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.

thank you,

sophia

• Funny 1

A geocache, in its simplest form, is a container of some type that encloses a log sheet for visiting geocachers to sign as evidence of their visit.  Are the paper clay acorns hollow, with some sort of a waterproof lid/cover, so that a paper log can be placed inside the acorn?  If not, the acorns are not "geocaches."

If the acorns include a log sheet, they need to placed in compliance with the Geocache Hiding Guidelines.  Among other things, geocaches must be hidden with the intention of remaining in place for the "long term."  The bare minimum expectation is three months.  If the intention is to allow a visitor to take the acorn with them, this is a temporary cache that cannot be published on the Geocaching.com website.

• Helpful 1
20 hours ago, barkingowls said:

Hi friends,

I’m an artist who is creating 60 acorns of various sizes, made of recycled paper clay, for an outdoor exhibition in West Hollywood. The plan is to hang them under a ficus tree for 2 weeks, then I’m planning to hide them all around town as geo caches for people to either take or leave.

I’m very new to this app, and also 60 is a lot to hide. 
I’m hoping to reach out to the community to see if anyone is willing and interested in helping me navigate this part of my art project.

you can visit my website to check out my work. Www.SophiaLeeArt.com, or geocache ID & IG handle is @barkingowls

The installation reception will be on April 29th, 2023, for 2 weeks.

any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.

thank you,

sophia

Also keep in mind that the acorns will need to be a minimum of 528 ft from the final locations of all other geocaches.