Search tool

haydn.seek

I too am disgruntled by the change in SEARCH  . I enter the town i want   and NOW  i get a list  of caches ranging from1,000km    and then getting closer to  my desired goal  - town - that i originally entered  . Very frustrating  so now i have to click on the Map option  and see them ALL  on a map !  O am re assured  that i am not the only one !   

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

I get a similar result. If I search the town of Oberon,nsw I get a cache on a road that leads to Oberon & then have to scroll down to find what I want. If I search for Nowra,nsw I get Berry some 15 Ks away by road. If I search for berry,nsw I get Berry. Go figure. As to search filters on this page which you get upon logging on https://www.geocaching.com/play/search one only needs to add the state to the location, normally. Fortunately I have a fall back option on another site.

• Helpful 1

I tried it. Typed Oberon, NSW and clicked on that from the drop down selection. The next page lists caches with two options "Add 95 to list" shown. Or, "Map Geocaches" which, if clicked, shows the town of Oberon and all its caches, about a dozen or so, mostly Mysteries.

Edited by colleda
17 hours ago, colleda said:

I tried it. Typed Oberon, NSW and clicked on that from the drop down selection. The next page lists caches with two options "Add 95 to list" shown. Or, "Map Geocaches" which, if clicked, shows the town of Oberon and all its caches, about a dozen or so, mostly Mysteries.

Thanks for that - I'll use the map option from now on.