10 000 Waymark

pmaupin

Today, since July 2020 in the pandemic summer that I started seriously (since in 2017 I started in WM but so many WM declined made me abandon the game because I found it difficult) I have just passed the incredible barrier of 10,000 published.

Now I want to do the goal 15000 visited.

22CB6BE7-CCDF-424F-9CAA-9F4F709C2043.jpeg

Edited by Ariberna
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3

Well, WAY TO GO, Ariberna!

You've fought through the many down times and persevered!

You've been forced to deal with language issues, misunderstandings and other hindrances to your achievement of this goal, yet soldiered on!

You have my respect for never having given up!

WELL DONE, Ariberna!!!

Those Spaniards are obviously a tough lot! :)

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Upvote 1
On 5/29/2023 at 1:41 PM, Ariberna said:

Today, since July 2020 in the pandemic summer that I started seriously (since in 2017 I started in WM but so many WM declined made me abandon the game because I found it difficult) I have just passed the incredible barrier of 10,000 published.

Now I want to do the goal 15000 visited.

22CB6BE7-CCDF-424F-9CAA-9F4F709C2043.jpeg

Welcome to the club! Congrats!

20 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Well, WAY TO GO, Ariberna!

You've fought through the many down times and persevered!

You've been forced to deal with language issues, misunderstandings and other hindrances to your achievement of this goal, yet soldiered on!

You have my respect for never having given up!

WELL DONE, Ariberna!!!

Those Spaniards are obviously a tough lot! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith.

Lot of problems, yes, until now live in WM is fight. But there are some good people in this game.

But Spanish we are rocks :-))

Edited by Ariberna
On 1/29/2023 at 8:29 AM, pmaupin said:

It's a big day today, I just got into the 10,000 waymark owners group. It's great. :antenna:  :antenna:
Thank you to all the leaders and officers of the different categories who validated my proposals, a big thank you for their fantastic work. :smile: :cool:

Very impressive, congrats!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bootron said:

Very impressive, congrats!

Thank you very much, but it is partly thanks to you that I have fun in this game and that I make known my beautiful country (and of course other countries as fantastic) to all the players (waymarker, officers and leader) , you are great to help us with your skills. Once again a big thank you to you.

• Love 2
On 6/2/2023 at 9:03 AM, pmaupin said:

Thank you very much, but it is partly thanks to you that I have fun in this game and that I make known my beautiful country (and of course other countries as fantastic) to all the players (waymarker, officers and leader) , you are great to help us with your skills. Once again a big thank you to you.

Now this is how a true human being would address his contemporaries...

And yes, this is a response to the recently closed thread concerning the gripes and complaints addressed therein, which eventually turned south,

from which I will reiterate the penultimate, and certainly the most pertinent, comment submitted, this by my dear friend, Papy:

It might be time to stop these bickering kids, it's like in a schoolyard.
We are adults, Waymarking is a game, and we play it with great pleasure, in order to discover places, monuments, shops, stories, ....., to the community.
None of us are immune to making mistakes (me and others), but it's part of the game, so let's continue with joy and good humor.

Papy Phil

Smile :) - Be Happy :D - don't p#*s away your short time on this planet!

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

It might be time to stop these bickering kids, it's like in a schoolyard.
We are adults, Waymarking is a game, and we play it with great pleasure, in order to discover places, monuments, shops, stories, ....., to the community.
None of us are immune to making mistakes (me and others), but it's part of the game, so let's continue with joy and good humor.

Papy Phil

I came into Waymarking from Geocaching. (I'm also a photographer, so Waymarking is another way to include photography!)

A lot of the older caches were placed in places of interest, or near to something 'unusual' that was known to locals, but not necessarily to visitors, and the logs often got comments along the lines of "... But for Geocaching we would never have known about/seen this..."

I think Waymarking is along the same lines. What can we show, to encourage visitors to the area to see while here..?

• Love 1

I agree to (almost all of) the above and wanted to add: There are 4 aspects that make WMing so interesting for me:

1. I just love to teach others about things they didn't know, f.e. Chronograms - A Waymarking.com Category

2. I find it interesting to show others things and places, that you wouldn't find in typical tourist guides like https://Waymarking.com/waymarks/wmH91P

3. I love collecting things (pez dispensers and other things in real life, categories and regions/countries in WMing)

4. It's amazing to learn things about my hometown (and the rest of world) even after living here for almost 60 years, f.e. without WMing I wouldn't know that there is a Big Brothers Big Sisters branch in Vienna, Austria.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

I agree to (almost all of) the above and wanted to add

And with just What in Particular did you NOT agree?!?!?!

Just kidding, Andreas - :D

What I really wanted to know about was - - - - - wait for it - - - - - pez dispensers. LOL LOL

NEVER in my wildest dreams did I picture you as a collector of pez dispensers.

What else do I not know about you that I feel I should, in order to keep thinking of you as a friend?!?!?!?!?!?

Are there other, hidden, aspects of your personality that I should know about?!?!?!?!

Do you root for Moldavia (instead of Austria) in Football? Do you think hockey isn't a real sport? Do you think vanilla ice cream is a communist plot?

The world needs to know!!!

:D - Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Funny 1
21 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

I agree to (almost all of) the above and wanted to add: There are 4 aspects that make WMing so interesting for me:

1. I just love to teach others about things they didn't know, f.e. Chronograms - A Waymarking.com Category

2. I find it interesting to show others things and places, that you wouldn't find in typical tourist guides like https://Waymarking.com/waymarks/wmH91P

3. I love collecting things (pez dispensers and other things in real life, categories and regions/countries in WMing)

4. It's amazing to learn things about my hometown (and the rest of world) even after living here for almost 60 years, f.e. without WMing I wouldn't know that there is a Big Brothers Big Sisters branch in Vienna, Austria.

That sums it up pretty well! For the same reasons I geocache, I also waymark. But what geocaching can't do, Waymarking does. I really enjoy diving into the history of my footsteps. Both in my hometown and when I travel. It's a neat tool that I wished more people appreciated or knew about.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

What else do I not know about you that I feel I should, in order to keep thinking of you as a friend?!?!?!?!?!?

That's a difficult question. If I told you other secrets, it might help to continue our friedship or it might end it. :D

5 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Do you root for Moldavia (instead of Austria) in Football? Do you think hockey isn't a real sport? Do you think vanilla ice cream is a communist plot?

The world needs to know!!!

1. I'm not much interested in sports, or soccer in particular. That's why I don't have many WMs in sports categories, but I will travel to Romania and coincidentally Moldova very soon and hope to increase their number of (currently 9) WMs dramatically.
  2. There are other sports, that I don't think are real sports, like Cherry Pit Spitting. :D
  3. I think, vanilla ice cream is one of the most borings icecreams that exist, but has nothing to do with communists.

Are we still friends? Please! :D

• Love 1
9 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

That's a difficult question. If I told you other secrets, it might help to continue our friendship or it might end it. :D

Just the REAL juicy stuff, please. The forums would probably benefit from a really good scandal!! :ph34r:

9 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

Are we still friends? Please! :D

Well, ya, I guess...:cool: ... ... ... ... LOL

Now about the pez dispensers, how many do you have? How many different ones could one have?

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Now about the pez dispensers, how many do you have? How many different ones could one have?

I counted them years ago and as far as I remember there were around 1,000. So, meanwhile I estimate them to be 1,300 - 1,500. I could "visit" the Photo Goal Hold Your Collection - Photo Goals on Waymarking.com (with part of my collection :D), but that would add a find in California to my statistics, without ever having been there in person. :D

Worldwide there are countless variations, stem colors etc., so it's impossible to say how many different ones one could have.