Can't open shared list

RaCo57

Edit: We hve found the following .  . my partner uses her Samsung phone to access both the geocaching app and the geocaching web site. If she opens just the web site, accesses her messages and tries to open the link I've sent her to one of my lists, a single tap on the hyperlink causes her phone to open the Geocaching app (rather than staying on the website), and then we get the error message 'An error has occurred. Cant acces that file'. As the link is in the form https:// etc, how i it that it tries to open the geocaching app rather than a web page?

------------

Original query

I have a list of local geocaches that I want to share with my partner for the next time we go out caching. I've made the list sharable and sent her the URL link, but when she tries to use the link in the app or on the web version she gets an error message like 'This list could not be loaded'.  Strangely, I can open and see all the lists she has shared with me, and I never get an error message. Does anyone know what's going on and how to cure this?

I recall when I first started using lists, I had to accept a license condition in the GC app about downloading data. I accpeted that, but I don't know if my partner did. Would that cause an error message when she tries to see a list I've tried to share with her?

Thanks in advance for any advice / help

Raco57

Edited by RaCo57
New information
On 1/22/2023 at 8:00 PM, Keystone said:

Is your partner currently a premium member?

If so, she should be able to see your list on the website and make a copy of it that will show up in her official app.

Hi Keystone. Thanks for the help. Yes, my partner is Premium member. We have tried again and still get the message 'An error has occured. This content could not be loaded',

On 1/22/2023 at 8:03 PM, Max and 99 said:

I will sometimes make my list public just so a friend can copy it quickly. 

Hi Max. OK , It worked. When I made it public my partner went on her 'Friends'  section, saw the list under my bookmarks and was able to make a copy. Thanks

5 hours ago, RaCo57 said:

Hi Max. OK , It worked. When I made it public my partner went on her 'Friends'  section, saw the list under my bookmarks and was able to make a copy. Thanks

Just fyi, you can also do it from the cache page (any cache on the list). 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1