Garmin E-Trex 20

Followers 1

Sorry to create a new topic but couldn't find the reply I need.

How can I delete all the geocaches saved on my GPS to load new ones? I have a lot stored from the early years (2013/4?) when I used BaseCamp.

I don't want to reset the machine cause I'll loose the maps a friend installed back then and some years later. 

The question is more if there is a (legal and safe) program that can manage the GPS like BaseCamp used to do. 

I use Windows 10 Home version 21H2 (if that is important)...

Thank you in advance! 

Plug your Etrex 20 into your computer via the USB wire

The computer should attempt to pick it up as a new drive, allow it if prompted

Open up the File Explorer and the drive that is your Etrex 20, go to X:\Garmin\gpx folder  where X is the driver letter of your device. If you have an SD card installed, that will also show up as a hard drive on it's own but the path to any geocaches stored on your SD card will be the same as mentioned. 

Delete anything that is *.gpx, easiest to do if you sort by file type. That will clear the unit.

A full reset, which you probably don't need, will also delete out all the geocaches. But it's a much harder solution. 

That will clear your geocaches out of your unit. Basecamp still works with Windows 10 by the way and I use it for recording walks and bike rides.