do not have permission to view this message

Jayeffel

On 1/3/2023 at 3:42 AM, Max and 99 said:

Quite likely. 

The original post was about the name for a cache, and deleted by the author once information was obtained and settled. I guess the notification of responses to my last entry for the message path was before the deletion was completed in the system. No big deal - it would be nice if such obsolete messages were deleted by authors. 

I think it is good if the author submitted a question or topic that is resolved and has no further interest. If it refers to something that woukd help other coachers, then keep it.

It was the authors post, it should be up to them.

I do find it interesting to real old posts though.

46 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I think it is good if the author submitted a question or topic that is resolved and has no further interest. If it refers to something that woukd help other coachers, then keep it.

How would you know in advance, that nobody else is interested in the question and answer?

46 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

It was the authors post, it should be up to them.

A post maybe (but see below), but definitely not a whole thread, where others have contributed. If I write a long answer to a question, and afterwards the OP just kills the whole thread, I find this outright rude.

As for single postings: Why  would you wann to delete it? It can easily "invalidate" a discussion by removing important context. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1