Add to List (from Webpage) not working

trekkerdmc

When I'm on the website maps and try to "add to list" from the pop up cache box, the circle just rotates forever. 

However, if I open the cache page and "add to list" it works like a champ. 

This kind of defeats the purpose of having that feature on the web page if you have to open the cache page to get this done. I"m sure it's just another glitch but thought I'd bring this up to see if it's a known issue and being worked on.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 3

Same issue, I'm using google chrome

One error I got:

An error has occurred

We were unable to load the requested content.

Error:

{
  "message": "Loading chunk 7 failed.\n(timeout: https://www.geocaching.com/plan/public/7.8ad3d1fba300ff0fd6ec.js)",
  "name": "ChunkLoadError",
  "type": "timeout",
  "request": "https://www.geocaching.com/plan/public/7.8ad3d1fba300ff0fd6ec.js"
}

Details:

{
  "componentStack": "\n    in Unknown\n    in Suspense\n    in section\n    in div\n    in GCModal\n    in div\n    in ae\n    in t\n    in t\n    in Suspense\n    in n\n    in t\n    in c\n    in i\n    in Connect(i)\n    in U\n    in Connect(U)\n    in Unknown\n    in d\n    in r"
}
Edited by Kris32
added error msg
On 12/30/2022 at 3:07 PM, trekkerdmc said:

When I'm on the website maps and try to "add to list" from the pop up cache box, the circle just rotates forever. 

This kind of defeats the purpose of having that feature on the web page if you have to open the cache page to get this done. I"m sure it's just another glitch but thought I'd bring this up to see if it's a known issue and being worked on.. 

This is happening for me today, on Firefox.

I realized that because I can no longer delete anything from a bookmark list on the website, I have hit my 1000 cache limit - I can delete from the app I had to download on my iPad, but it does not allow one to filter by found status, so it’s a big chore to do it one by one. I didn’t even think of this issue…. I normally delete everything I’ve found.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:07 PM, trekkerdmc said:

Same here.
It's been like that for weeks and I posted in the release notes section but my post got deleted because it wasn't relevant to the release note

I have been having this same issue for a while now.  Cannot add a cache to a list from the map & have to open up the page for each cache in turn to add to a list.  Also cannot create a new list whilst on the map.  I am on Chrome on a desktop.  This is just so tedious & time-consuming.

On 2/7/2023 at 12:51 AM, fbax said:

There is also another workaround. Open list in another tab/window and click last icon on menu bar to "add a cache to list". Adding multiple GC codes is supported.
Then copy GC from map; switch tabs and paste into list.

I appreciate this workaround but it is getting tedious not being able to work as before directly on the map page.  This fault has been around for over 2 months now . . . . . (drums fingers on desk)

On 2/6/2023 at 7:05 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Thank you to all for reporting this issue with Lists and the Browse Map. We are able to reproduce the bug and have notified our engineers. In the meantime, please use the cache page or switch to the Search Map as a workaround.

I have been partially using the search map because I'm forced to due to this bug but it's still not a good substitute for the browse map.
I would really like to be able to use the browse map again to plan my trips without the extra steps.

• Helpful 1
11 hours ago, RecipeForDisaster said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say this, but I excitedly went to clean up my lists by deleting found caches, and I still cannot.  

Hello - you have my apologies for not being more specific. The "Add to List" bug and the deletion issue described are separate issues and we hope have a fix for the latter soon as well.

11 hours ago, lostfoundlostagain said:

Still doesn't work on an iPad. Nor does deleting caches from a list.

Could you please provide the iPad model and iPadOS version? I will definitely pass this information along to our engineers.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

14 hours ago, RecipeForDisaster said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say this, but I excitedly went to clean up my lists by deleting found caches, and I still cannot.  

FWIW it does work in a browser. I use this a lot and yesterday deleted found caches from lists, tested again just now and still working for me (Chrome, though actually I often have fewer issues in Firefox).

I just noticed a parallel thread (can they be combined?) - apparently the issue is with Safari and lists! 

Edited by CCFwasG
add info
On 2/25/2023 at 12:14 AM, worrellsquirrel said:

Could you please provide the iPad model and iPadOS version? I will definitely pass this information along to our engineers.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

iPad 6th generation , iOS version 16.3.1

Can't add to a new list from map page (Add button goes green, nothing else happens).

Can't delete lists. (We had trouble loading your lists.)

Can't delete caches from a list. (We had trouble loading your lists.)

So. It seems they fixed the "ADD TO LIST" feature on the webpage so it worked properly (for a minute).. NOW, it's broken in a different way. When I try to Add to List from the Webpage it opens up my Lists Page rather than giving me the small pop-up that let's me choose a list to add to AND at the top of the webpage there are none of the usual header links that allow you to surf to another topic or whatever.   

EDIT" I just noticed also, that the header links are not there when in the Browse Maps mode but show up in the Search mode.

EDIT 2: Now, I just noticed I can't even add to a list from the Cache Page itself?! 

Anyone else having this issue?

No header links search page.JPG

Edited by trekkerdmc
Adding another bug relating to this post
  • Upvote 1
Just now, 2Abendsegler said:

This is again a problem with the geocaching website cookies. If you allow only the necessary cookies, these phenomena will occur. If you allow all cookies then it will work.

I have made no changes so I don't see how the cookies come into play. I have talked to others, all having the same issue. It worked fine.. then, it didn't

11 minutes ago, trekkerdmc said:

Interesting. So what your saying is, all one can do right now, is to change the cookie "consent" and that will work-around the current issue?

It's one way to fix the bug.

In the past there were always problems on various geocaching pages when not all cookies were allowed. This has already resulted in scripts no longer being executed correctly on the affected pages. As currently in the browse map for script GME. The problem seems difficult to fix as it keeps coming back. If you don't want to have any more problems with this topic now and in the future, you could perhaps choose a different way when allowing cookies. We have put together some information about cookies here in the past. Maybe this helps.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
1 minute ago, 2Abendsegler said:

It's one way to fix the bug.

In the past there were always problems on various geocaching pages when not all cookies were allowed. This has already resulted in scripts no longer being executed correctly on the affected pages. As currently in the browse map for script GME. The problem seems difficult to fix as it keeps coming back. If you don't want to have any more problems with this topic now and in the future, you could perhaps choose a different way when allowing cookies. We have put together some information about cookies here in the past. Maybe this helps.

Thanks very much, I appreciate the info on this. Sure wish Groundspeak could get it together and keep the bugs out of the system. It gets pretty frustrating at times when things aren't working right, which is more often than it should be with them. I'll read the info on the links you sent and see if it's within my pay grade! :)

• Love 1

I also wish there would be fewer problems on the websites. However, topics that are relevant to all websites, such as cookies here, are particularly difficult. If you change something in one place, it can spread to all kinds of websites, and you simply can't test everything across all websites.

No budget is required for the implementation of the information provided, as well as for the use of our scripts.

• Helpful 2
3 minutes ago, 2Abendsegler said:

I also wish there would be fewer problems on the websites. However, topics that are relevant to all websites, such as cookies here, are particularly difficult. If you change something in one place, it can spread to all kinds of websites, and you simply can't test everything across all websites.

No budget is required for the implementation of the information provided, as well as for the use of our scripts.

This is much appreciated.. When I mentioned my 'pay grade' I was referring more to my knowledge and ability to implement the scripts w/o screwing things up. lol.. Again, thanks for the insight and information and the links! 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

We did some more cookie wrangling.

Please hard refresh the pages you were having issues with.

If a hard refresh is signing out and back in, it doesn't seem to have worked. I'm still having all the same issues unless I consent to all cookies.